USA (Moline), September 14, 2005 Review

artist: green day date: 12/06/2005 category: live concerts
green day: USA (Moline), September 14, 2005
Green Day was very interactive with their audience, made a lot of noise, and great music. It was totally awesome.
 Perfomance: 10
 8.8
 7.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
USA (Moline), September 14, 2005 Reviewed by: luvarmenians, on december 06, 2005

Sound: Billie is pretty good at getting his point across. He probably wouldn't win some stupid singing show or anything, but his voice totally fits the criteria. I loved seeing Billie playing his old blue sticker guitar, or whatever. It was awesome to see him playing it in real life, and it made me realize how far the band came and just where they are now. Mike's white Fender was used too, but they had that one guy in the background playing the guitar. I'm not sure what his name is. That's all I can say about instruments, but the sound and music was excellent, and it was made all the better with the closeness of the mark. That place is fucking small! Everytime a chord was hit it felt like I could touch the guitar, and I was thrilled. It was totally awesome. // 10

Perfomance: Green Day was very interactive with their audience, made a lot of noise, and great music. Billie is very conversational and relaxed on stage, but he is also very energetic (I think he must have lost 5 pounds jumping around like that). Mike Dirnt did good on longview, God I love him and Tre was a weird as ever, throwing stuff and things. They played: 01. American Idiot - I like the guitar on this one, and I fell into the person in front of me from jumping up and down so fucking much. 02. Jesus Of Suburbia - very good song, yeah. also very long and the transitions from each part were well written and catchy. 03. Holiday - this is the dawning of the rest of our lives. 04. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams - not one of my favourites, but a good one nonetheless. 05. Wake Me Up When September Ends - this one makes me want to cry, and it didn't help that BJ got emotional. 06. Give Me Novacaine - a good one on the acoustic. 07. Brain Stew - I loved how they transitioned into this song (he played the note on his "old blue," cued one side of the audience to cheer, and vice versa). Great attention getter, and I wanted to kill the old lady who was falling asleep the row ahead of me. 08. Knowledge - great old-school Green Day, one of my favourite. 09. 2000 Lightyears Away - I think that's what it's called, there are so many songs they have written it's hard to keep track. 10. We Are The Champions - good stuff. You've gotta love the Queen, and Billie does an awesome job singing it. 11. St. Jimmy - the pause at the end of this song was great suspense or some shit like that. Anyway, it made me relieved when he finally ended. 12. Good Riddance - Billie did excellent playing solo, and I can't decide if I like the song better on the electric guitar, or the acoustic guitar. They also played Warning And Minority (I think) which are also some of my favourite songs. But I can't remember if they played Basket Case or Welcome To Paradise. I think they played Basket Case, and I love the palm muting on that song, it really makes it. And the video is one of my favourites.. Special moments? Well, all the explosions were special to me, because it think my cousin nearly fainted the first time, and it didn't get better on the following ones either. She can't really take things like that. I liked the drunk dude in the rabbit suit. A great introduction to a punk band's concert and it added to the feel of the show (not to mention it kept me busy in anticipation to actually get the concert rolling). I also think it was cool how the banners behind the guys were constantly changing and crap. Tre must have been blasted during the explosions. I could feel the heat from them all the way up where I was, and he was probably less than, like, 10 ft. from them. Anyway, the whole thing was set up and it was awesome. // 10

Overall Impression: USA, Moline, Mark Of The Quad Cities, September 14, 2005. Opener was Jimmy Eat World. I loved the noise! But I was pretty far back in the stands. Billie didn't even look that way when they did the "build a band" thing, made me mad. We got jipped on our tickets, but that's my fault! The show was definately worth it. It's the best concert I've ever been to. I loved it when Billie mansurbated on stage. They were very interactive and overall left the greatest punk-ass impression that makes me want to do something. // 10

More Green Day reviews rating latest review