USA (Pittsburgh), April 23, 2005 Review

Perfomance: 10
 9.9
reviews (2) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Pittsburgh), April 23, 2005 Reviewed by: Ziplin, on september 06, 2005

Sound: Billie Joe's voice was just amazing (as usual). The songs sounded just like they did on the record. They played most of their new stuff and some of the old classics. Billie did great on guitar (as did Jason Whote), Mike was good and was really into it, I could tell. And Tre, he kinda scares me but he did awesome. I don't think they could have played the songs any better. // 10

Perfomance: I loved this show and the audience did too. I don't know how the audience couldn't like it with how involved they were. The stage setup was cool. They had American Idiot banner haning gown with the heart-grenade logo. We got to see a drunk pink bunny hop around, Billie forming a 'fan-band', kids shoot the crowd with supersoakers with Billie. The Guitarist kept the guitar, the bassist did a stage dive and the drummer got sticks. We also got to see Billie Joe masturbate! Setlist as far as I can remember: 01. Amerian Idiot 02. Jesus Of Suburbia 03. Holiday 04. Blvd Of Broken Dreams 05. Are We The Waiting 06. St. Jimmy (tons of mosh pitting here) 07. Wake Me Up When September End (lighters and cell phones up) 08. Longview 09. Basketcase 10. Maria 11. Good Riddance They also played Shout, We Are The Champions and King For A Day (got the crown on and everything). // 10

Overall Impression: This is Green Day at Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh, PA on April 23rd, 2005. My Chemical Romance opened but did poor. The sound quality was crap. There was nothing I didn't like about the show (I didn't mind MCR because I like them, they just played bad). Tickets cost $39.95 and was worth alot more for such a memorable night. I hear a summer 2006 album is coming so if they come here again, I'll be preordering tickets and hopefuly get right in front of the stage. // 10

USA (Pittsburgh), April 23, 2005 Reviewed by: VLVTRVOLVR13, on may 19, 2006

Sound: Billie Joe has great lyrics, his singing is deffinately his strong point as he does not display a whole lot of other talent. He is a talented singer, used a Gibson LP Jr, an old strat, and some other guitars. The back up guitarist Jason White used an SG. The sound was awesome, crunchy and raw. The place exploded on songs like Brain Stew and Hitchin A Ride. // 9

Perfomance: The place exploded even before they got on stage. The songs were the best but they played other like Minority and Blvd Of Broken Dreams, ended it with Good Riddance. // 10

Overall Impression: Saw it at a sports center in Pittsburgh on the 23 of April 2005. My Chemical Romance opened and they were decent. I loved how they play old and new songs and I hate how they play Blvd. but it's new and popular so thats why they do it. Tickets were around 40ish and a little more becuase we got them in advance. Unfortunately I can't have beer, but the best part was I got flashed in the parking lot by a bunch of wet girls. It was my second GD show and since then have seen them again. It was great! // 10

More Green Day reviews rating latest review