Norway (Oslo), June 28, 2006
Iron_Beast, on june 30, 2006 0 of 0 people found this review helpful
Sound: Axl Rose sang better then I have ever heard. Hit all the high tones. Guitars that were used were most Gibson Les Pauls. The sound was very good, I stood front row. Got squashed. // 8
Perfomance: Guns N' Roses came an half hour or something like that after A Bullet... The setlist was the same as before this year:
01. Welcome To The Jungle - was very good. And the audience went crazy.
02. It's So Easy - also very good.
03. Mr. Brownstone - a loud singalong on the chorous.
04. Live And Let Die - people heard the first chord. And started singing the slow part. Very cool.
05. Sweet Child O' Mine - maybe the audiences favorite. The roof was blown of Spectrum.
06. Madagascar - I don't remember that much of this song.
07. Better - not this one either.
08. You Could Be Mine - the drummer had a solo before the song, and den started hammering on the intro for You Could Be Mine. And the feedback on the guitars. Really cool. Axl sang good.
09. Knockin' On Heaven's Door - a singalong. Like what you see on the GN'R DVDs. They played the slow new version of it. I prefer the old one. The guitarist had made his own solo. It wasn't that great, but it made it more like not trying to be a cover band of old GN'R.
10. The Blues - I think it was started with a piano solo. Good song.
12. I.R.S. - good too.
13. Outta Get Me - don't remember, but think it was good.
14. November Rain - a piano solo from Axl before the song started. He sang it very well. And the solo when Slash goes up on the piano in the video, I love that part.
15. My Michelle - many did know the chorous for this song. Was very cool.
16. Patience - used aucoustic guitars, and one Gibson Les Paul. Very good played.
17. Night Train - love it, played really good. Chorous sung high in the crowd.
18. Paradise City - this was the highlight maybe. Axl sang better than I have ever heard him doing it live. And when he blew the whistle, a bigh bang from the pyro technics and the song had started. Everyone sang along to it. // 9
Overall Impression: The consert was in Norway, Oslo. At Oslo Spectrum. June 28. Warm up band was A Bullet For My Valentine. They came on stage over two hours over time. All the standing audience were very tired. But when they finally came, they played really well. You know, Axl about beeing important rock star. Make the audience wait. What I didn't like that much was between almost every song one of the members had a solo. 3 guitarist, one on keyboard, one on drums, and Axl had also a piano solo. The ticket cost 475 NOK. It was worth watching. But they could have shown up in time. I think the chorous on Mr. Brownstone, November Rain and Paradise City was the best moments of the show. Maybe I will go on their next show in Norway. If they are coming with the new album "Chinese Democracy." // 8