USA (New Orleans), September 22, 2004 Review

artist: incubus date: 09/27/2004 category: live concerts
incubus: USA (New Orleans), September 22, 2004
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (New Orleans), September 22, 2004 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 27, 2004

Sound: Brandon sounded perfect as usual and whoever configured their soundcheck knew what the hell they were doing. You could feel the bass in yer stomach from the balcony and it was pounding. I was very impressed and the band loves the New Orleans audience. // 10

Perfomance: I, and the audience loved them. There were moshpits going on during the harder songs and crowd surfing during every song. Heres the setlist: 01. Pistola 02. Nice To Know You 03. Idiot Box 04. Wish You Were Here 05. Just A Phase 06. Stellar (police Cover) 07. Consequence 08. Here In My Romm (my Girl Remix) 09. Drive Remix 10. Priceless 11. Vitamin (drum Medley) 12. Talk Shows On Mute 13. 11am 14. Made For Tv Movie 15. Sick Sad Little World 16. Meglomaniac Encores: Pantomime, Southern Girl, Under My Umbrella. A little disappointed that they didn't play "The Warmth" or "Pardon Me" but that setlist was amazing. One guy, that I saw, got dropped while crowd surfing. I thought it was pretty funny. The lights were amazing one song had the strobe effect and was synchronized in all the songs. There was a lot of grass. // 10

Overall Impression: The UNO Lakefront Arena was packed and Hurrican Ivan pushed the show back to 9/22 instead of 9/19 but I think it gave the band time to rest and play to the best of their ability. The opening band was called Ellipsis and they did okay for such a big crowd there sound wasn't that great but they sounded like a 311/Incubus mix. The tickets were about 40 dollars but some people got the VIP tickets from eBAY to support the Make Yourself Foundation. The show was worth way more that what I paid. The most unforgetable moment in the show was when brandon said, "theres alot of love under my guitar" during the My Girl cover. If Incubus comes back to New Orleans I will definatly be there. // 10

More Incubus reviews rating latest review
+ Canada (Edmonton), August 22, 2007 8.8 08/24/2007