UK (London), December 23, 2006 Review

artist: iron maiden date: 09/24/2007 category: live concerts
iron maiden: UK (London), December 23, 2006
The sound was really good, the bass wasn't over powering everything like it usually does in concerts. You could actually hear everything, from Bruce Dickenson's singing to Dave Murray's incredible solos.
 Perfomance: 10
 4.5
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (London), December 23, 2006 Reviewed by: fredzeskater, on september 24, 2007

Sound: Iron Maiden rocked so much, considering how old they are. They were jumping around on stage like mentals! The sound was really good, the bass wasn't over powering everything like it usually does in concerts. You could actually hear everything, from bruce Dickenson's singing to Dave Murray's incredible solos. Bruce was singing just as good as he did on the vinyls/discs. The sound coming from the speakers wasn't too good quality though, but I suppose it was blasting music out to 1000s of Live fans. Their duel solos were the best though, you could hear everything, and watching them was just as good, I loved the way they faced back to back whilst playing them! They were supported by Trivium, also one of my favourite bands. After entering through the doors, I was so excited, the esculators leading up to the outside of the arena. Where I could hear, getting louder, Trivium's "Ohhh-ahhh-ahhh-arr-ahh-ahhh-argghh-ahhh", from their song 'Entrance of the Conflagration'. It was like an adrenaline Rush! // 8

Perfomance: Oh my god, well what can I say, it has to be the best performance I've ever seen! The audience were freaking out in the mosh pits, where everyone was just going mental! Running around in huge circles, walls of death! I couldn't believe how good they were, because Iron Maiden are well known for having great concerts, I never really expected it to be that good. But really, it was superb, one problem with it was that it was for their new album: "A matter of life and death", I didn't know any of the songs, I'd say they played about 15 songs, 10 of which were from that album, so I was like, ahh balls, and I think everyone was sort of like that, the first 10 songs was something no one really knew, so it wasn't so great, plus they were all quite slow, so it was kinda boring. Then, they paused, Bruce dickenson run onto a higher platform. They killed the lights, and suddenly, Dave murray came in with the intro for 'Fear of the dark'! everyone was singing and Bruce was spinning around this spot light, blinding all the crowd! And well, when fear of the dark really kicked in suddenly after the first verse, everyone went mental, half of the people were crowd surfing, the rest were just punching anything they saw! The whole band were jumping up and down, bruce jumping off the higher platforms, everyone singing! It was one of the best atmospheres I've ever been in. Then when the song ended, the crowd went nuts! well so did I lol. Then they played a few classics, Then they placed a song, and I was just watching because I didn't know it, then this f--king tank came out of the stage, moving around, Bruce was climbing it like a monkey! they were all so immense and energetic throughout the whole concert. Dave Murray took a huge solo laying down on the floor, doing rolly pollys and more. I couldn't believe it, then the tank started rotating and firing missles. Well not missles but dummies, the effects were so real, and it all had the decorations and a whole set on the stage. It was phenomenal, then they ended and wished everyone a happy new year and a good christmas. Then after 5 minutes of just ending in drum crashes and open guitar string strums, then telling us how we had been "the best f--king crowd ever", run off the stage. Leaving the massive crowd to flood the streets of London. // 10

Overall Impression: 23rd of december was a really good date for me, they really made my christmas much better. It was in an arena called Earl's court in central london, one of the only places possible to contain the 1000s of people there were. They were all mixed ages aswell, I saw this little boy that was like 8, and I saw this 80 year old women. No joke, honestly. The best part was when they placed 'Fear of the dark' with everyone singing. I managed to get there to see Trivium before, they were pretty good. Just by chance, they were my favourite band at the time! But Iron Maiden's performance was 20 times better. I remember the tickets being 32.50 each, because I was so excited. I would definately go to their next show, making sure that I'd listened to the album before. But the sad thing, I don't think there will be, if there is, they'll be playing in wheelchairs. // 9

More Iron Maiden reviews rating latest review