UK (London), July 5, 2008 Review

9.9
 9.7
review (1) 6 comments vote for this concert:
UK (London), July 5, 2008 Reviewed by: FearOfTheDuck, on may 20, 2009

Sound: As usual Maiden's sound was fantastic, you could hear everything from the guitars, bass and Nicko's powerful drumming. Bruce was on top form too. I was right at the front so I wouldn't know how it sounded from other parts of the stadium. Though at some points you couldn't much of the guitars, but wasn't that much of a problem. My favourite parts of a Maiden gig are all the instruments because they go together so perfectly. I believe this is the best Maiden have ever sounded and keep getting better as time goes on! // 9

Perfomance: I'm 100% certain not one person didn't have the time of their life at this concert! The audience are always a big part of a maiden gig and I think maiden has the best and most devoted following so the crowds are always the best. Litteraly every song had us singing along and air-drumming! The stage sets were fantastic and Bruce had the costumes to match them. Bruce, Steve, Dave, Adrian, Janick and Nicko are brilliant showmen and give you more than your moneys worth, roaming the stage like the metal giants they sre. They make performing infront 50,000 people look easy! They had a truly epic set list, I'm pretty sure this is the correct order: 01.Intro: Churchill's Speech 02.Aces High 03.2 Minutes to Midnight 04.Revelations 05.The Trooper 06.Wasted Years 07.The Number Of the Beast 08.Rime of the Ancient Mariner 09.Powerslave 10.Heaven Can Wait 11.Can I Play With Madness 12.Run to the Hills 13.Fear of te Dark 14.Iron Maiden 15.Moonchild 16.The Clairvoyant 17.Hallowed Be Thy Name All the songs were highlights as they are all just so epic! When Fear of the Dark cane in it was half dark and half light outside which was quite unforgetable! I was amazed to hear Moonchild Live (which was the first song of the Encore) because I wouldn't of thought they'd play it! But this was also an upsetting reminder that this holy night was almost at an end. They finished the evening with Hallowed be thy name and when the show was over I felt a real sense of accomplishment, it was quite an emotional moment. // 10

Overall Impression: London is normally the place I go to all my gigs and living in Brighton is quite handy as it's only a 1 hour train journey. I paid 80 for my ticket off Ebay and was definatly well worth the money (I would've paid more). It was also a reward for doing semi-well in my GCSE's. I travelled on my own to be there as my friend Who calls himself a fan told everyone he's going only to spend his money on vinyl (he didn't even get a turntable til April this year!) and there was no way I was going to miss this gig of all gigs, the band of all bands! This gig is really unforgetable and I always have a smile the size of texas on my face when I look back! I don't remember much of the opening bands, I saw lauren harris the last time I saw Maiden, the others were within temptation and Avenged Sevenfold. I wasn't really paying too much attention as I couldn't stop thinking about Maiden! This gig left me with no voice left and an aching body for rwo days, it wasn't a bad thing at all! I recommend to anyone who hasn't seen Maiden to do so when they come back. I'm not ashamed to say I was in tears when the concert came to an end. It was a privilage to witness such an event. // 10

More Iron Maiden reviews rating latest review