USA (Bristow), June 30, 2012 Review

artist: iron maiden date: 08/07/2012 category: live concerts
iron maiden: USA (Bristow), June 30, 2012
It was June 30th, 2012 at Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, Virginia. Iron Maiden rocked the whole arena, and there was really nothing I can complain about.
 Perfomance: 9
 9.2
 8.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
USA (Bristow), June 30, 2012 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 07, 2012

Sound: I managed to catch Iron Maiden on their Maiden England 2012 tour, and boy am I glad I did. The sound was mediocre, it was hard to understand Bruce, but the instrument mixing was all great and lasted the entire night. // 7

Perfomance: Iron Maiden, was, exceptional. Their performance never let on that they were practically dinosaurs, and they left everybody wanting more. I had a bit of an advantage, because "Seventh Son" is my favorite Maiden album, and they played a majority of it, as well as other hits. 01. "Moonchild" - While I do enjoy the song, it was probably the weakest part of the set. The song is entertaining enough, but kind of a bad opener. The crowd was pumped for Maiden, but "Moonchild" didn't do much to raise it. 02. "Can i Play With Madness" - NOW the set kicked off. A Maiden favorite, and an overall epic song, this got every jumping and screaming along. Possibly the best part of the night. 03. "The Prisoner" - A song I never expected to hear, but absolutely love, it was great. 04. "2 Minutes To Midnight" - Another Maiden favorite, this was really fun. Bruce did almost no singing during the chorus, the crowd was so loud and confident in the words. 05. "Afraid To Shoot Strangers" - By now everybody was settled in. Bruce gave a long speech about the stupidity of war before it, and everybody expected them to play "The Trooper" next, but instead they pulled out this little gem from "Fear Of The Dark". I didn't know it, but it was still a blast to hear and jam out to live, that's how good they were. 06. "The Trooper" - They went straight into this from "Afraid To Shoot Strangers", and it was awesome. Another highlight from a highlight filled show. 07. "The Number Of The Beast" - Nothing much to say, except that this was also a huge blast live. The entire crowd spoke along to the intro. 08. "Phantom Of The Opera" - This is probably my second favorite Di'Anno era Maiden song, and I was really surprised when Bruce said they were going to play it. It was fun, but one of the weaker songs. 09. "Run To The Hills" - I was REALLY surprised to hear this tune, despite it being a rather popular Iron Maiden tune. It was really fun live, too! 10. "Wasted Years" - Another classic that they executed without a hitch. It had been a while since I had heard this song before, but every word came rushing back and out my mouth. Another highlight! Adrian sang the choruses and it was awesome. 11. "Seventh Son Of a Seventh Son" - I had been expecting this, and it lived up to every expectation. The breakdown in the middle lasted what-seemed like forever, and I got a little bit tired of clapping along. It was still epic, though. The inflatable Eddie actually came out during this which surprised me. 12. "The Clairvoyant" - My second favorite Maiden song, and a bunch of fun live. 13. "Fear Of The Dark" - Probably the best song of the night. Incredible. 14. "Iron Maiden" - So much fun. 15. "Aces High" - The first song of the encore, and was really surprising to me. Still, it was a lot of fun. 16. "The Evil That Men Do" - Another surprise that I was really glad they did. I only really knew the chorus to this one, but it was still memorable. 17. "Running Free" - My favorite Maiden song and a huge surprise they played it. It was a fantastic finale to a fantastic show. // 9

Overall Impression: It was June 30th, 2012 at Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, Virginia. It had actually just stormed a huge amount the night before, and my friends and I joked about how it was just Maiden getting off the plane, and it may have been true. They rocked the whole arena, and there was really nothing I can complain about except for opening with "Moonchild" and it being hard to understand Bruce. Alice Cooper opened for them and was exceptional on his own. He played a good 45 minute set which was fantastic. It was almost worth the 90$ on it's own. I will certainly go see Maiden or Alice Cooper if they came back to town, hopefully supporting some new work! It was amazing, and nobody should miss the powerhouse of metal that is Iron Maiden! // 9

More Iron Maiden reviews rating latest review