USA (Atlanta), September 3, 2005 Review

9.6
 9.2
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
USA (Atlanta), September 3, 2005 Reviewed by: tnnspro225, on september 04, 2005

Sound: Jack Johnson has an amazing voice and it sounded great, almost exactly like on the albums. He kept to his acoustic the entire show, and he had a bass, drums, and piano backing him. The pianist also played some accordian, which totally ruled. The sound wasn't too loud, because it's Jack Johnson, and you want to just mellow out. The acoustics for the amphitheater were really good, I was sitting in the middle and could hear very well. // 10

Perfomance: Woah, the songs were just amazing. I will see if I can remember everything he played: Inaudible Melodies, Flake, Bubble Toes, Times Like These, The Horizon Has Been Defeated, Taylor, Rodeo Clowns, Cocoon, Never Know, Banana Pancakes, Good People, No Other Way, Sitting Waiting Wishing, Staple It Together, Breakdown, Belle, Do You Remember, Constellations. All of them were incredible, nice little variations from the album versions that made them unique but not unrecognizable. He and his opening act Matt Costa came out and did a Beatles number "Two Of Us" which was incredible. Oh, and my favorite part was in The Horizon Has Been Defeated, in the middle of the chorus, Jack started singing the chorus from "My Doorbell" by the White Stripes. Being a huge Stripes fan, I was very pleased by that. My biggest visual effects peeve was the lighting. During some of the choruses, they would flash stage lights right at us and it was kind of blinding. // 10

Overall Impression: United States, Atlanta, Georgia, Chastain Park Amphitheater, September 3. Matt Costa first opened, and then this lame band called Animal Liberation Orchestra (yes, they called themselves ALO). Matt Costa was just a fun listen, a great way to open the show. But ALO had really dumb songs, "Do You Like My Pecs?" and a few about his wife's pregnancy (I'm as confused as you are). I really liked the whole show, my first time seeing Jack Johnson and my first time at Chastain. I could have done without ALO, but overall, the show was worth the 50 bucks I spent. Now, if only I were 21 and could have had some beer, maybe ALO would have been more enjoyable. // 10

More Jack Johnson reviews rating latest review