Sound: Mumbai, January 16, 2006. On Sunday evening, 35,000 Indians came together in celebration of music at the Mentos Big [V] Concert hosted by Channel [V], the country's No. 1 music channel. The Mentos Big [V] Concert was Mumbai city's first big music concert of 2006 and guaranteed high power adrenalin rush with 12-hours of non-stop performances from 20 artists. The most prominent of which was pakistani band Jal. With their bass guitars, electrics, acoustics and drums. The lead singer did very well, and so did the back up singer/lead guitarist. This performance of Jal had a great sound. // 8
Perfomance: Well, the Indian audience went beserk when the hit song Woh Lamhey was played and repeated the words as if it was natural to them. But later fell silent for the rest of their songs. I sang all the songs along with the band as I know every single one of 'em. They played all their hits.
01. Lamhey - great, got the crowd going.
02. Ik Din Aayega - good song, equally good performance.
03. Dil Haaray Pukare - the solo got the crowd up.
04. Teri Yaad - classic performance.
05. Mast Kalandar -- the sufi song, rocked by Jal.
06. Lamhey (reprise) - to get the crowd on its feet and applaud.
07. Aaadat - yeah, this was the best vocal performance and the closing act. // 9
Overall Impression: Great show which started at 10:00 am with great performances by Pankaj Awasthi, Himesh Reshammiya, Kailash Kher, Shaggy - the international reggae star, and Jal. I got free tickets yet again thanks to my friends but actually the cost of the tickets ranged from 500-1000 rupees, or 10-20 $. No beer, that was the worst part, but hot VJs that was the best part. Jal's performance was really proffesional and the way they got the crowd to scream during lamhey was fantastic. Of course I would go for Jal's next concert. // 8