India (Bangalore), May 15, 2005 Review

Perfomance: 8
 7.7
 6.3
review (1) 3 comments vote for this concert:
India (Bangalore), May 15, 2005 Reviewed by: black_sabbath, on february 18, 2006

Sound: Satriani, one of the greatest guitarists in the world, arrived in India to a massive crowd in gathered in Bangalore in the first half of '05. He played his classics, including Satch Boogie and Surfing With The Alien. He played on his signature guitar, I guess? Anyway the only thing I can say is that this concert was awesome. The sound system, it was the JSX amps and it was brilliant, I heard that he got it shipped from the US. The quality of the sound was pretty raw which was perhaps the reason I loved the concert. You could hear every note distinctly, even though he played it as fast as he possible could. // 8

Perfomance: The crowd was great, and loving every moment of the concert except in between when it got pretty monotonous and then he kicked it up again by playing awesome solos towards the ending. I don't remember each and every song, he didn't even mention many of the songs names. But I can vividly remember him playing Satch Boogie, Mountain Song, The Forgotten, Cryin', Always With You, War Theme, Surfing With The Alien, and some G3 greats. He messed up in one song I think it was Slick. // 8

Overall Impression: India, Bangalore, Palace Grounds, May 15 '05. It was an interesting show, the bast part was when he played with a few classical music guys. The bad part was the ticket cost, Rs. 3500 was the minimum ticket about 5 days beore the show. I thankfully, got through without paying as my friend got 12 free passes. Unfotunately, the beer was expensive and the girls were dressed! Well, I may or may not go to Satriani's next gig, most probably not. // 7

Comments