Australia (Sydney), February, 2008 Review

artist: karnivool date: 11/14/2008 category: live concerts
karnivool: Australia (Sydney), February, 2008
Being good old Perth boys, it's fair enough. But they are coming back to Sydney this year for Homebake, so they can match the intensity they brought with them earlier this year.
 Perfomance: 10
 9.5
review (1) 3 comments vote for this concert:
Australia (Sydney), February, 2008 Reviewed by: stefanomassimo, on november 14, 2008

Sound: Now, don't get me wrong, the concert was months ago, but it was also the last time this band, to my knowledge, has played a gig in Sydney. Being good old Perth boys, it's fair enough. But they are coming back to Sydney this year for Homebake, so I hope they can match the intensity they brought with them earlier this year. Where was I... oh yes the gig! Opening for them was "That 1 Guy". Easily one of the best acts I have seen for awhile. God knows what the technical term is for his instrument, but he can make that thing produce some amazing sounds. Listening to the CD at home though, does not do HIM any justice, or that his music is better Live, hard to call. But I digress... Karnivool absolutely smoked it. They had most of the crowd singing along for the first few songs, the only time it got quite was when the boys were bringing out the new tunes, but it didn't ease the top shelf music these guys were smashing into us. Whoever runs the desk for these guys, knows what they're doing. Absolutely amazing sound. Could be the venue though. They played the Big Day Out some years earlier, and sounded terrible. // 8

Perfomance: Overall, I couldn't fault the performance. Not a note was missed, nor a snare left unsmacked. Standard rock setup for these guys, 2 guitars, 1 bass, 1 drums, 1 singer. Not too sure what they tune to, but I'm lead to believe it be a derivative of drop "B". Low, fat and technically challenging. // 10

Overall Impression: Australia, Sydney, The Metro, February 2008. Opening act was That 1 Guy. I love the venue, seen some great bands there. Ticket cost about 30 bucks (AUS), GREAT value. The most unforgettable part of the show was when there was a moment or two of silence, and someone from the crowd screamed "You guys f--king rock!". Huge cheers from the crowd for that one. And I will most definitley be going to their next gig. All in all, I recomend this group to anyone that has the chance to see them. Homebake in Sydney is the next gig I am aware of that they are doing. // 9

Comments