UK (Nottingham), January 17, 2006 Review

9.7
 6.8
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (Nottingham), January 17, 2006 Reviewed by: NFFC_1865, on january 20, 2006

Sound: The sound was done to perfection as usual for Nottingham Rock City. Those proves as to why the venue has won awards two years in a row. You could hear every instrument. That's right, even bass! // 10

Perfomance: First off were Aiden, a little known emocore band from Seattle. They don't exactly look like rock-stars and their gothic look is a little mainstream, but teh comparisons the press have drawn to them with My Chemical Romance are a little unfair. In hindsight I'd say I was wrong to dismiss this band outright from the reviews. They put on a good performance and managed to get the crowd involved and got a few pits going. Rating: 7. Best song: The Last Sunrise. Next were Still Remains, a hardcore/metal band from the United States who are still making a name for themselves. Well, their performance was breathtaking. I was only really there to see BFMV, but I knew this band were already half decent from what I'd heard. I moshed like mad to this band. Absolutely brilliant and they deserve a little more recognition. Rating: 9. Best song: The Worst Is Yet To Come. It was now time to put up with Hwathorne Heights. Terrible. They had a mentality of "We're a bunch of pussies, but buy our album anyway." and were just dreadful. The singer didn't sing, he whispered. I could barefly here him until the whiny poppy stereotypical emo choruses. It's no wonder people who listen to them want to "Cut their wrists and black their eyes." Rating: 2. Finally, Bullet. The second time I'd seen this band. And it was great. Again. They played pretty much the same songs but I never get tired of them. It really makes me sad that people didmiss these as emo and in my opinion the lyrics and band name are very misleading. Gowever, stick Turn To Despair or Hand Of Blood on your CD player and you'll see why they're so successful over here. Best song: All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me). The overall rating is for BFMVs performance. // 10

Overall Impression: F--king amazing. By the second to last song Hand Of Blood, I had to leave the moshpit to throw up. Brilliant. And getting lager thrown all over me in the heat was quite pleasant too! Negatives: too many commercial emo-types with perfect hair. And some were middle aged! Venue: Nottingham Rock City, UK. Cost 14.00, well worth it! // 9

More Kerrang XXV Tour reviews rating latest review