Norway (Fredrikstad), April 30, 2005 Review

artist: khold date: 05/05/2005 category: live concerts
khold: Norway (Fredrikstad), April 30, 2005
Sound was perfect for the show. Loud and earbleeding. They'd set up with 2 guitars, a bass and a 4-piece drumkit. The singer made a good impression doing his job very well, screaming while hammering on the guitar.
 Perfomance: 10
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
Norway (Fredrikstad), April 30, 2005 Reviewed by: LeoKhenir, on may 05, 2005

Sound: Sound was perfect for the show. Loud and earbleeding. They'd set up with 2 guitars, a bass and a 4-piece drumkit with a ride, a crash, a china and a hi-hat for cymbals (small drumkit for extreme metal). The singer made a good impression doing his job very well, screaming while hammering on the guitar. // 8

Perfomance: The audience, however quite small, enjoyed the show very well, they rocked the little scene. I've never heard these guys before, and so I've absolutely no idea what songs they played, but their music seemed quite good, being very straight-forward and on a simple beat. They made quite an impression by really showing off a bit, i.e. the solo guitarist went on between songs by doing hammer-ons and pull-offs just to make noise. Somehow, all their songs seemed to end in a loud bang, but that's not necessarily bad. Towards the end, they left the stage as they had announced themselves (now we play our last song tonight). Suddenly the solo guitarist started with his hammer-on and pull-off show again, and they came back and played two more songs. Only decoration on stage was a banner hanging behind the drumkit with band's logo, but then again, it was a very small stage. // 10

Overall Impression: Norway, Fredrikstad, St. Croix, saturday 30th of april 2005. Openers were "Wrath And Agony," a local death metal band, and after them a blackmetal band I didn't quite catch the name on, they were also locals. The show in it self was a blast, however I wish I had brought earplugs, because my ears kept ringing for days afterwards. I love going to live gigs like this one, because I think a band can really make a difference live. Ticket costed 70 NOK (about 10 USD), but I was on the guestlist (since the Wrath and Agony guys are close friends of mine, the singer is even my cousin). I'd gladly paid the money though, since the show was great. All shows at this scene (St. Croix) are great, and they cost the same each time. Last year's 30 April concert featured better-known Norwegians Susperia, and that was a even better show. But this show was a very good gig. If I ever have the opportunity, I will se Khold again (however not Wrath And Agony, as this was their last concert before they split up). // 8

Comments