USA (Wichita), August 13, 2005 Review

artist: killers date: 08/16/2005 category: live concerts
killers: USA (Wichita), August 13, 2005
The Killers played to a sold-out audience. They played every song on the 'Hot Fuss' CD and added fun little intros to some of their songs.
 Perfomance: 10
 8.6
 7.1
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Wichita), August 13, 2005 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 16, 2005

Sound: Brandon Flowers did excellent at this show. His vocals were as good as they were on the album, which I could say that for every band out there, and the performances by the rest of the band was awesome as well. You could definitely tell they were from Vegas because Flowers' keyboard was covered in silver sequins. The guitarist and bassist used the same instruments you could see in their music videos, which was very cool. The sound of the whole concert was the best of any concert I've seen yet. // 10

Perfomance: The Killers played to a sold-out audience and we sure got our money's worth out of the tickets. They played every song on the 'Hot Fuss' CD and added fun little intros to some of their songs, for 'Somebody Told Me', they started off like they were going to play 'Seven Nation Army' by the White Stripes but transitioned nicely into their own song. The lights and effects were stunning and were better than the visual effects on my Windows Media Player. // 10

Overall Impression: This was at The Cotillion in Wichita, KS, on August 13, 2005. The opening band which was only a one-person band wasn't too good in my opinion. It was a man The Killers saw perform and they asked him Richard Cranston or something like that to be their opening act. He played country music, which is probably why I didn't like him too much. Other than that and the long waiting time between the opener and the actual band I loved the entire show but I did get a little annoyed at some of the people there because they would randomly push towards the stage and crush unsuspecting people. The ticket cost $26, and I would've payed double because the show was so good. There was some crowd surfing going on during the show, and one guy was tossed about 8 feet into the air by his friends and I saw a little boy crowd surfing he was about 10 I think and that was pretty entertaining. I would definitely love to have The Killers come back when our new arena is built in 2007 and I would go to that show no matter what. // 10

More Killers reviews rating latest review
+ Germany (Nuernburg), June 6, 2009 4.5 07/21/2009