UK (London), October 16, 2011 Review

artist: KJ Sawka date: 03/29/2012 category: live concerts
KJ Sawka: UK (London), October 16, 2011
16th October 2011, Main Stage Live Auditorium, Olympia Conference Centre, London, England, UK. The show was great, as I've said - the only thing I didn't like was that it was VERY loud! But what can you expect with drumming?
 Perfomance: 7
 8.7
 8.3
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (London), October 16, 2011 Reviewed by: GuitarMan147, on march 29, 2012

Sound: Any of you who know of KJ will know that he doesn't sing, but plays drums. The sound at this event was immense - the effects that he used whilst doing the tracks were great. He had his whole drum kit wired up to the computer and so whenever he wanted a different effect he could just click a button and carry on playing! The quality of the sound was also good - the people organising the event had obviously sorted everything out well and got good speakers etc. For a really good quality sound in the room. // 10

Perfomance: The audience really enjoyed KJ's music, keeping silent so that they could hear it all perfectly. It was really good because everyone could just enjoy the music and no-one else would be disturbing them or putting them off. KJ also decided to let people ask questions at the end, and so that was really great as well - people asked about his career, how he decided to play his tracks and different things - he gave us advice on how to practise different aspects as well. I honestly don't know that any of the tracks he played had names, but they were all really good, and I'm sure that everyone had a great time at the event. // 7

Overall Impression: 5pm, Sunday 16th October 2011, Main Stage Live Auditorium, Olympia Conference Centre, London, England, UK. There weren't really any openers, just different people came at different times etc. So you could go and watch one, go out for a bit and then go and watch another. The show was great, as I've said - the only thing I didn't like was that it was VERY loud! But what can you expect with drumming? I guess it's meant to be loud, so I can't really complain! You had to pay for the day, which was 12 - you could go and see the different people for free, so technically the ticket to see KJ was actually free (it says that on the ticket) - so it was definitely worth the money! I would go to the next gig if I could, but it will probably be in America. Hopefully, if he comes back to the UK, I'll be able to go and see him again. Maybe he'll go to another drum show, and I'll be able to take some other friends to see him too. // 8

Comments