Australia (Sydney), April 29, 2006 Review

8.3
 9.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
Australia (Sydney), April 29, 2006 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 01, 2006

Sound: Jon's vocals were excellent, I saw Korn back in 2004 when they had the 5 man line-up and in my opion, they were better back then. But nevertheless, they were excellent. The band originally were shown as a 4 pice, and then after 3 songs or so, the curtain fell and 4 other backup musicians were revealed, each wearing masks from different characters of See You On The Other Side. // 8

Perfomance: The audience, including myself, loved every minute of Korn. The set began with the lights dimming and red light on stage. Then, the low pitched feedback from the start of It's On! started to sound, now this part really bugged me, with just a red light on stage and this feedback going for literally about 5 minutes, alot of the crowd got annoyed, but finally when dave took to the kit and started the drums it kicked into overdrive, it was a great opener as they started with a classic, and it got the crowd extremely pumped. No Right Now, no Ya'll Wanna single, no Did My time, which I was relaly looking forward to listening to. The mosh pit was extremely hectic, at one point in the medley, security were actually sent into the mosh pit to break up the circles as they were so heavy. Blind was the highlight of the night, with Jon stating that this was the song that started them off and got the ball rolling. As the buildup began, the biggest circle I have ever been in began to form. It was at least 10 metres in diameter surrounded by mostly 6/7 ft. tall guys ready to collide and as Jon grownled "Are you ready?" The circle collapsed in and legs and arms were thrown everywhere. It was insane, I did see 2 guys with bloody noses after it finished. // 9

Overall Impression: This gig took place at the Sydney Superdome, which is Australia's largest indoor venue. The support acts (in order were): 10 Years (a band handpicked by Korn to support them, were very Tool/Incubus-like, enjoyable, but I couldn't listen to an album of theirs), Hatebreed (as expected, these guys tore the place apart, it was a vicious pit which I loved and these guys knew how to entertain a crowd), Disturbed ( I had only heard one song from this band before and when I saw them, they blew me away, this band was awesome. Make sure to check these guys out). the ticket price for this lineup was AU$95 which I thought was a bit pricy since last time they came with Static X and Fear Factory and were only $70, but still I must say it was worth it, though Korn did let my expectations of what they would now be. I probably will not go to their next gig, mostly because I just don't think it will be the same since Head left, they jus don't play like they used to. If they come back with a killer lineup and cheaper tickets next time I might go. But I doubt it. // 8

More Korn reviews rating latest review
+ Venezuela (Caracas), January 28, 2010 4.7 03/16/2010