USA (Detroit), December 15, 2006 Review

artist: lacuna coil date: 12/18/2006 category: live concerts
lacuna coil: USA (Detroit), December 15, 2006
They truly are master musicians. Cristina and Andrea sounded so good! They worked the crowd great and moved around, headbanging, reaching out to fans.
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Detroit), December 15, 2006 Reviewed by: debano_06, on december 18, 2006

Sound: The sound, minus two seconds of brief feedback, was great as usual. Never fails to amaze me how they can sound so great Live. They truly are master musicians. Cristina and Andrea sounded so good! They worked the crowd great and moved around, headbanging, reaching out to fans, just A+ there. Maus and Cristiano, the guitarists, also sounded beyond exceptional. They moved around a bit too and, just wow! Marco and Criz, bassist and drummer, also were top notch like their fellow bandmates. The seven string guitars thundered through the theater and it wouldn't surprise me if all of Detroit felt Marco's great bass lines. Criz's drum beats were perfect! Didn't miss a single one! Everyone as a band just, I can't put it into words! This was the second time I've seen Lacuna Coil and they were worth all the miles, wait time and dollars spent. I'd spend $100 on a ticket to see this band again! So thankful and nice to the crowd. They are what all bands should try to be like, as far as ethics and treating fans. Just perfect! // 10

Perfomance: I as always loved Lacuna Coil's performance. After having 5 bands open for Lacuna Coil, the crowd was pumped and ready for action. They came out while 'You Create' was playing then went into 'What I See'. I don't remember the exact order but I'm pretty sure it was this. 'Fragments Of Faith', 'Swamped', 'Closer', 'Fragile', Heaven's A Lie', 'To The Edge', 'Enjoy The Silence', then 'Our Truth'. The openers 'You Create' and 'What I See' was awesome. Just blew the top off the place when they kicked in with 'What I See'; 'You Create' was playing for more of an intro song. 'Fragments Of Faith' sounded bad ass! Sounded like it was from the CD given a few little improv parts. 'Swamped' and 'Heaven's A Lie' never get old, energy provoking and everyone was singing along. it was a sight to see. 'To The Edge', 'Fragile', 'Closer', 'Our Truth' and 'Enjoy the Silence' were, undescribably great! There was like maybe two seconds of feedback which was not a problem. When putting on a show like that, all that energy and movement, I was surprised that that was all that happened! In between songs, they were thanking people and getting the crowd pumped up, great audience interaction! The lighting wasn't specatacular. Just used the house lights. In Flames had bad ass lighting but they were the headliners so of course they had to top Lacuna Coil somehow. Personally, I wish Lacuna Coil would start headlining. Their shows are a blast to go to! Of course the massive Lacuna Coil backdrop was in place with the 'Karmacode' theme. All the openers before them played with that as their backdrop. To me it was only building the anticipation to see what I had drove 4 hours and waited another 4 hours in 30 degree weather to see! // 10

Overall Impression: This concert was on December 15th, 2006, at Harpo's Concert Theater in Detroit, Michigan. There were 5 openers for Lacuna Coil, Who were opening up for In Flames. I can't remember the names of some of the local bands. Two local bands then Self Infliction, Seemless, and The Sword (then followed by Lacuna Coil then In Flames). I didn't really like the venue too much. The stage was too high. If you were in front, where I like to be so I can interact with the band, you couldn't see a whole lot. Farther back on the floor and the mosh pit would eat you. So I had to stay up one level where I could see everything. great nonetheless. Tickets cost $15 in advance, $20 at the door. Lacuna Coil as always sounded phenomenal. The energy the pulled out of the crowd was enormous. they said jump and that's what everyone did. We all screamed, 'We want more! We want more!' but of course, it was In Flames' turn. Self Infliction was giving out free shots of Jim Bean to people up near the stage. I thought that was pretty cool! the energy and sound from Lacuna Coil had to be the highlight though. I will absolutely hit the next gig! drove 4 hours for this one, got in line at 2pm, doors at 6. Lacuna Coil have never let me down. An appreciative band that appreciates fans as much as fans appreciate them. // 10

Comments