USA (Denver), July 18, 2010 Review

4.7
 9.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
USA (Denver), July 18, 2010 Reviewed by: Krusinator, on august 11, 2010

Sound: This performance was packed into the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival Tour, so there really wasn't that much time for L.O.G to be on stage, but when they did, they riffed, pounded, and screamed and simply sounded amazing. Five Finger Death Punch played before them, and just because they are from Denver everyone was going nuts. I really don't care for them. I think they sounded like shit, but thats just me. But Lamb of God's sound was spot on that night. Very powerful riffs that reverberated through your body. Gotta hand it to Mark Morton and Willie Adler for designing such masterful songs. Sounded exactly like the albums. Chris Adler tore it up on drums, as usual. That dude is a machine. John Campbell is extremely talented for being able to keep up with Mark and Willie. Only qualm about their set was Randy's mic must've been turned down quite a bit, because I could barely hear him. Given, I was a little farther back, but still in an amphitheater you should still be able to hear quite clearly. Wish I would've been able to hear more screaming. // 9

Perfomance: The performance on their behalf was very energetic and powerful. Absolutely loved every minute of it. Setlist was pretty damn good. From what I could see, being so far away, was everyone was digging their jams. Too small of a mosh pit area for anything to go on, which sucked. Setlist was: 01. The Passing: amazingly complex song with a supreme ending 02. In Your Words: heavy as hell and all around great song 03. Set to Fail: one of my favorites off of Wrath and they nailed it :D 04. Walk With Me In Hell: breakdown was great for the whole band 05. Now You've Got Something To Die For: my favorite song and obliterated it on stage 06. A++ 07. Laid to Rest: great song and again, they dominate 08. Redneck: best song from the album and rocked socks 09. Black Label: great finishing song to a great set. Like I said, I wish they would've had more time, but hopefully I'll be able to see them again when I get out of the army and get back to Milwaukee. Then they will shatter the Eagles Club/Rave! // 10

Overall Impression: USA, Englewood, CO, Comfort Dental Amphitheater on July 18th 2010. Opener was a shitty band, 5FDP. I loved the atmosphere of the show. Alot of energy went into the L.O.G. segment, but I think most of the older folks there were laying in wait for Rob Zombie to perform. I left before Korn came on, because I don't care for any of their music. Got a great L.O.G. shirt for $20, ticket cost me $50...perfect price to see L.O.G. and Zombie. I will be planning to go to another Lamb of God concert whenever possible. I would love to see them as the main attraction. And I can't wait to be engulfed by the wall of death. // 9

More Lamb Of God reviews rating latest review