USA (Wichita), July 29, 2007 Review

9.3
 9.5
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Wichita), July 29, 2007 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 30, 2007

Sound: This concert was billed as Lamb Of God with 3 opening acts: 3 Inches Of Blood, Behemoth and Hatebreed. I didn't get to see much of 3 inches, but I was fine with that as I do not like their singers high pitched voice. Behemoth sounded great, I loved their Mesa Boogies and ESPs. Hatebreed sounded kinda repetitive, but I loved the sound they got out of their Gibson Les Pauls. Lamb Of God really blew me away, however. They sounded so close to the album it was unreal. My life goal is to buy a Mesa MkIV after hearing the riff their way through laid to rest, black label, and my personal favorite; redneck. The singer was also very impressive. I couldn't yell like that for as long as he did. My only complaint about the sound for every band was the level of treble on the guitars. It was way to piercing and ended up hurting your ears rather than enhancing the sound. Overall it was very good. // 9

Perfomance: Once again, I didn't see enough of 3 inches to really get a good impression. Behemoth was very cool on stage, although I think their outfits are a little goofy. They reminded me of a real life version of Dethklok when they would headbang, which I thought was pretty sweet. Hatebreed was very captivating on stage, and really got the crowd going. Lamb Of God was the best. The entire crowd was jumping and moshing the whole set. Everyone looked like they had just gotten out of a pool they were so sweaty (which is cool when chicks are wearing light colored t-shirts). Every band had a great stage presence, only beaten by the Rolling Stones when I saw them last November. I wasn't familiar with any of the songs that Hatebreed or Behemoth played, as I have never really listened to them that much before. I couldn't tell you if they sounded anything like the album, but they sure sounded good live. I didn't recognize many of the Lamb Of God songs, but here are the ones I did. The coolest moment in my opinion was when some guy ran up the side of the stage, jumped off, and smashed his face into the railing. It made my day. // 9

Overall Impression: USA, Wichita, Kansas, July 29, 2007. I alreay told you Who opened. I loved the music and the enviroment, but the parking was a pain. Tickets were at great value. Nothing is quite like a pure American metal concert. For my final overall impression, all I can put is: ticket for show $24.00 (great value), concert t-shirt $25.00, getting your shoulder nearly dislocated in the wall of doom priceless. // 10

More Lamb Of God reviews rating latest review