UK (Manchester), May 29, 2004 Review

artist: less than jake date: 05/30/2004 category: live concerts
less than jake: UK (Manchester), May 29, 2004
They had a brilliant sound and sound exactly like they do on the albums.
 Perfomance: 10
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (Manchester), May 29, 2004 Reviewed by: f**k the system, on may 30, 2004

Sound: They had a brilliant sound and sound exactly like they do on the albums. I noticed that most of the guitars used where gibsons. And anybody Who has ever played a gibson guitar knows that they are one of the best sounding guitars the is. The vocal skills on chris and roger are amazing. I think they are the only 2 muscians Who can do the 2 vocalist thing right. // 10

Perfomance: I can't rate every song because I am not the biggest fan of Less Than Jake. The best songs they played are All My Best Friends Are Metal Heads, The Science Of Selling Yourself Short and Gainsville Rock City. Funny moments in the show was when roger called chris for having a lesbien haircut and when chris started coming on to a sexy mum Who was in the audience. Another cool moment was just before they played matchmaker they got This Girl on stage and told her to pick someone out the audience to snog with her thoughout the entire show. Obvisouly I just wanted to get on stage so I took my t-shirt off and started shouting. I didn't get on but the people around me stared at me like I was a psycho. The was no effects except the legendary confetti blaster. Also another cool think was when Less Than Jake finally came on they had a cool flag behind them. The audience(me and my mates) thought it was frigging awesome! // 10

Overall Impression: England, Manchester, at the Apollo Thearter on the 29 May 2004. The tickets cost 12! And it was totally worth the money. The openers included the A.K.A's and Yellowcard! The A.K.A's were o.k. but they were more of a band for the girls. Yellowcard on the other hand were exellent! Yellocard opened with way away which is my favorite song and they also got a kick-ass circle pit going which I weant in and had a killer time. Also the violin guy in Yellowcard is cool he did a backflip off a amp twice during their show. Which I thought was amazing because I saw HIM do a backflip on their way away video and I thought I was wirework or something like that. He proved me wrong. I loved the show because it kicked-ass and I got to watch Yellowcard and Less Than Jake at the same show. The two things I hated about the show were the A.K.A's and the fact the was no mr. Skull there. I would recomend Less Than Jake to people that like their albums or at least like their music videos. Trust me it was brilliant (and this is coming from a person Who listens to nothing else besides Metallica,Iron Maiden and slayer). My unforgetable moments were when they played All My Best Friends Are Metal Heads and when they played Gainsville Rock City. My other unforgetable moments were getting my Less Than Jake t-shirt signed by Roger and J. R. the one thing that pissed me off the most was when we where waiting for chris and he said "just going Mc Donalds and I will be back to sign stuff for everybody". He then got a groupie and set off. We waited for HIM and as soon as he got back he ran straight for the bus and didnt sign anything. While all the other bandmates were happy to sign stuff he thought he was too important to do it. Still I had a great time. would have give them a 5 if chris wasnt such a asshole! // 8

Comments