Canada (Toronto), January 24, 2004 Review

artist: linkin park date: 07/13/2005 category: live concerts
linkin park: Canada (Toronto), January 24, 2004
The sound was amazing. The unforgettable moment was the certain falling to reveal Linkin Park.
 Perfomance: 10
 7.9
 6.8
reviews (2) user comments vote for this concert:
Canada (Toronto), January 24, 2004 Reviewed by: Until_it_sleeps, on april 06, 2004

Sound: The techs put the show together amazingly. No mix ups or flaws were noticeable, and all instruments were CD quality. Every band had no accidents, and all of them sounded just like their albums. Awesome effects, and the lighting effects for P.O.D made their gig more bearable. // 10

Perfomance: The sound was amazing. Story Of The Year was first to take stage. Playing Anthem Of our dying day They got huge response. And after their 6 song intro, they left it with a perfect cover of Enter Sandman. Their sound was slightly odd, as the guitars over powered much of the vocals. But none the less, it was a great gig. After a short delay, Hoobastank wheeled out some huge amps and started with The reason (Which was amazing). After that they played Out Of Control and Crawling In The Dark Both songs effects were perfect and left proved they've been growing as musicians. After leaving us with a cover of Girls Just Want To Have Fun and I Believe In A Thing Called Love, they left stage. It took P.O.D a long time to set up their effects and what not, and I was quite disapointed with them. They started off amazing with Will You, then went straight to their new album which was horrible live. The effects over powered their vocals, and it sounded sloppy. They finsihed with Alive which was amazing, everything in between these 2 songs were garbage. Then it was time for Linkin Park. The huge curtain suspended over the stage seemed to hang for a good 30 minutes, and the crows were getting anxious, but when Session started playing everyone went crazy. After it finished they started With You, and then an amazingly perfect Pushing me away (Reanimation) After playing A Place For My Head, It's Going Down, Somewhere I Belong, Figure .09, an acoustic intro to Breaking The Habit which faded into electric guitars, and left us with Numb. They disappeared for a while and then came back about 5 minutes later to immediately start In The End, Crawling, and they pulled a guitarist out of the crowd to take the guitarists position in Faint. After a good 2 hour gig, they finished it off with One Step Closer, where P.O.D, Hoobastank, Story Of the Year All came out and screamed with LP at the end. And one came over the speakers, and by then we were well out of the main arena. // 10

Overall Impression: Canada, Toronto, Air Canada Center, January 24. Ticket was around $60 CAD, and was well worth it. As I said, Story Of the Year and Hoobastank opened. Unforgettable moments was the curtain falling to reveal LP. I didn't hate a thing except P.O.D, and Linkin Park's performance had me in heaven. It's definitely worth going to see, and I'll be sure to see another LP concert in the future. Story Of The Year will be big soon, as will be Hoobastank, and I think every minute was professional and well worth while. Best concert of my life... P.S. I've seen Godsmack, and Summer Sanitarium. Though Metallica kick any bands ass, the Meteora Show was overall better. So it's not like I'm rating this from unexperience. // 10

Canada (Toronto), January 24, 2004 Reviewed by: Xero Park, on july 13, 2005

Sound: It was quite hard to hear Chester's voice for some songs with heavy strumming, like Faint and Points of Authority. Of course they used bass and electric guitars, drums, piano, turntables. The sound was very close to their records and was enjoyable to hear. // 6

Perfomance: I think that it was an excellent preformence. There was a anticipation while waiting for them to get on stage and start to play. They played A Place For My Head (very loud and heavy, Somewhere I Belong (probably their worest song of the night, ok tied with Numb), Points Of Authority (another enjoyable song), Breaking The Habit (another good song), It's Going Down (a unique song to play, wasn't on any album), One Step Closer (the remix from the Remanimation ablum) and basically everything else on Hybrid Theory and Meteora. There where two interesting stories at that concert, first a guy was body surfing and landed on his head during the preformece by POD, so they extended the song and the lead sing was trying to talk to the fan, Who eventually got back up, hauled off by security only to return by the end of the song. The second moment was during the last song by Linkin Park (One Step Closer) all of the lead singers of the bands prior to them helped sing "Shut up when I'm talking to you!" // 10

Overall Impression: Canada, Toronto, Air Canada Centre, January 24, 2004. Here was the line up Story Of The Year, Hoobastank and POD. I like the fact that each band had a different step up, while little scenes built on the stage. I hated the fact that everyone was on drugs at the concert. Tickets where $60, and it was worth it. Unforgettable moment was seeing my favourite band. Finally I will go to their next concert, they just need to come to town. // 8

More Linkin Park reviews rating latest review