Hong Kong (Wanchai), June 17, 2004 Review

artist: linkin park date: 11/05/2004 category: live concerts
linkin park: Hong Kong (Wanchai), June 17, 2004
They kept their concert running without many breaks and everyone in the pit was constantly moving. The sounds of the guitars, drums, dj booth and vocals were perfectly mixed and sounded amazing.
 Perfomance: 10
 9.4
 9.7
reviews (2) user comments vote for this concert:
Hong Kong (Wanchai), June 17, 2004 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 07, 2004

Sound: The sounds of the guitars, drums, dj booth and vocals were perfectly mixed and sounded amazing (probably because I was up front). They kept their concert running without many breaks and everyone in the pit was constantly moving. The bass was dissapointing, however. It couldnt be heard at all. // 10

Perfomance: The show was amazing! The best part was when Mike Shinoda came down to the crowds and gave hand shakes. I was one of them! Then, while playing Faint, Mike threw a guitar pick into the crowd and yup, I cought it! They played most stuff from Hybrid Theory and Meteora, and Pushing Me Away from Reanimation. The played stuff like Somewhere I Beling, Don't Stay, Breaking The Habit (which was played really well!), OSC, Crawling and Numb. I can't really remember the rest! // 10

Overall Impression: The gig happened in HKCEC on the third floor on June 17th in Hong Kong. The opening act were a band from Korea, but I dont know their name. They were awesome aswell. The entire show was amazingly well produced and nothing went wrong. The tickets I got were 1000HKD which is about 125USD. A bit expensive but it was so f--king worth it! My moments were the hand shake and guitar pick from Mike. One of the people I went with got a wink from Brad and my other friend screamed "I wanna have your babies" at mike when they played Breaking The Habit and everyone was quiet (we were that close!) and he laughed. I will deffinatley go to the next gig in HK. They were frickin brilliant! // 10

Hong Kong (Wanchai), June 17, 2004 Reviewed by: silverymetaller, on november 05, 2004

Sound: Linkin Park has definitely done a great job. Chester's vocal was almost the same as in the cd. But the sound was pretty bad. It's not the responsibility of Linkin Park. It's all because of the speakers. They were really bad. You could hardly hear every single words from Chester. Even though I was standing in the front, I didn't hear that kind of powerful energy from the speakers. They have ruired the show! // 6

Perfomance: Though the speakers were suck, you could still see Linkin Park has put al their effort in the show. They have played all the hits like Crawling, In The End, Somewhere I Belong, etc. the best song must be the Pushing Me Away remix version and Breaking The Habit w/an acoustic opening. It was awesome. They have also done a Nine Inch Nail cover which I have never expected. // 10

Overall Impression: 17th june 2004, in Hkcec, Hong Kong, Linkin Park has done their very first show here. It was pretty good. But it was only worth for half of the ticket price. I bought the most expensive ticket which cost about $125. It was the most expensive concert I've ever been. It wasn't worth for its price because the speakers suck and I think the crowd could be better. There was no moshing pit and I saw some of the people behind me just stood there and nothing else. But still you can see Linkin Park has done a great job. If they come again and the price is halved, I think I would go again. // 8

More Linkin Park reviews rating latest review