US (Charlotte), July 30, 2008 Review

linkin park: US (Charlotte), July 30, 2008
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
US (Charlotte), July 30, 2008 Reviewed by: Alienepidemic25, on april 23, 2009

Sound: Chester and Mike always do and incredible job when it comes to Live performances. A lot of the time, the Live songs sound just like the recordings, aside from some improvisations. They used their usual instruments: Mike on rhyhm electric guitar, lead Acoustic gutar, and piano, Phoenix on bass, Rob on drums, Joe(Mr. Hahn) on turntables, Brad on lead electric guitar, and Chester Singing. The quality was amazing. I really don't have anything negative to say about it, so if that's what you came here for, you can leave now. // 10

Perfomance: I (and the rest of the audience) enjoyed the performance very, very much. So much so that I could barely even hear myself singing along. There was a smoke machine which sent out a small amount at a time. The Linkin Park Minutes to Midnight logo shone through a projector somehow. There was also a strange arrangement of stairs. The guitar rack and drum sets that belonged to other bands were in full view. The lights shone in many different colors. During Chris Cornell's performance, Chester appeared and joined in on the song. Chris also appeared during Linkin Park's performance and sang the chorus of "Crawling" with Chester. It was insane standing in the crowd. Everywhere around me was chaos: cigarette ashes flying at me, people grinding to the songs (which I find strange), and shirtless 20 something year olds bouncing every where with ushers getting on their tales. Songs that were played were: 01.In the End 02.One Step Closer 03.Papercut 04.Runaway 05.Crawling (featuring Chris Cornell) 06.Numb 07.Points of Authority 08.Given Up 09.Lying From You 10.Faint 11.The Little Things Give You Away 12.Wake 13.Leave Out All the Rest 14.Bleed It Out 15.What I've Done 16.Shadow of the Day 17.Hands Held High, and 18.No More Sorrow 19.Valentine's Day There were a few more that I cannot remember at the moment. All that I can say about the songs that were played is that they were all good. I know that it may affect their budget (if they even have one), but I think that the band needs more breaks. There were only one or two, and both only lasted about five minutes long. There were two monitors set up on both sides of the stage, and the performance was recorded on camera, I think. // 10

Overall Impression: The concert took place in Charlotte, North Carolina in the U.S. (duh... ) on July 30, 2008 in the Verison Wireless Amphitheater. We are talking about Projekt Revolution here, so there were many artists opening for them. Such bands inluded Ashes Divide, Chris Cornell, Street Drum Corps, and The Bravery. I didn't like having to wait so long for Linkin Park to actually begin playing, which was at around 10 pm. The entire event lasted from 2 pm to 11 pm (music starting at 6 pm). The tickets cost (well, my ticket cost) $30.75, and yes, it was worth it. Aside from that, the show was amazing. Of course, I haven't gone to LP's following concert(s). I will be going to some other ones later in 2009 or 2010. The most unforgettable moments had to be when my brother found 10 buck on the ground, when Linkin Park first showed up on stage, and watching Mike rap in person. I have waited so long to be able to see that. // 10

More Linkin Park reviews rating latest review