USA (Pittsburgh), August 9, 2004 Review

artist: linkin park date: 08/23/2004 category: live concerts
linkin park: USA (Pittsburgh), August 9, 2004
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) 3 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Pittsburgh), August 9, 2004 Reviewed by: HmTownHero1007, on august 23, 2004

Sound: Overall, one of the best shown I have ever seen. Chester (vocalist) was just amazing. He sounded just as he did on the albums. Sound Quality was very good (it was an out-door concert). Rob (gutarist) used some of his many Paul Reed Smith 24 guitars. And Pheonix (bassist) used 4 and 5 string Musicman Stingray Basses. // 10

Perfomance: I had great time watching them. Although I was in a little bit of a daze, (alot of pot smoking going on) and I can't remember all the songs I do remember them playing "Breaking The Habit". This song is usually played with sampled drums, they dropped the drum beat to plave just the piano and chester for the song. It was quite amazing. They closed with the song "Crawling". His voice is still ringing in my head. Overall just an awesome song. The scenery was cool. It was kind of like the scenery in the "Faint" Video, but lower to the ground and more reds and oranges used in it. They had a very serious show (other than Chester getting kicked in the balls by fellow singer Mike Shinoda). // 10

Overall Impression: This show was at the Post Gazette Pavilion in Pittsburgh, PA on August 9, 2004. Along with Linkin Park, Korn, the Used, Less Than Jake, Downset, No Warning, Snoop Dogg, Funeral For A Friend, and Ghostface were the opening acts. I loved how no matter Who you were, you were accepted without second thoughts. I saw jocks, goths, punks, preps, soccer moms, and senior citizens all having a good time together. I did not have any bad moments at this show. Tickets were $40, and were worth every penny. There were so many moments at this show. One of my favorites was when Snoop Dogg brought up about 40 girls onstage, and he gave some of them backstage passes. He said "I'll gove these girls backsatge passes, cause the girls got backsatge asses." Next year I am definetly going again! // 10

More Linkin Park reviews rating latest review