Australia (Adelaide), October 23, 2006 Review

Perfomance: 10
 4.7
 9.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
Australia (Adelaide), October 23, 2006 Reviewed by: Kennyken, on october 30, 2006

Sound: Ed Kowalczyk's voice was sometimes a growl and at other times it was a falsetto. He never showed any sign of faltering from the effects of their 7 albums. The drummer was enlcosed and added a very penetrating bass that greatly supported the vocals. The bass was a little laid back and hidden, rarely showing his awesome talents. Never the less, he supplied awesome ryhthm for the tunes. The guitarists were mind blowing. Their penetrating effects and actions added power to their notes. // 9

Perfomance: The people at the gig obviously enjoyed the first concert in two years. Everyone was standing on chairs, screaming, waving cig lighters and had mobile phones out. They kept the audience thoroughly entertained and crying for more. Songs such as Lightning Crashes, Heaven, The River, Iris, All Over You, Discussion. All 24 of the songs performed kept the crowd yelling for more, and forced me to lose my voice. Each song was better than the last but had obvious stand outs such as the crowd favourites Lightning Crashes and The River. There were moments to break up the performance such as the drummer throwing his sticks to the crowd (I caught one myself), Ed ripping his shirt off and rubbing himself and energetic solos from the lead guitarist. // 10

Overall Impression: Live played in the South Australian capital of Adelaide at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre on the 23rd of October 2006. The opening band was Shannon Noll, a rising Australian artist who was runner up in Australias first Australian Idol. The show kept everyone entertained from square one which made it enjoyable the whole time. There were no dull moments, no quiet scenes, and Ed often involved the crowd in the songs. I caught a drum stick used in the gig so that topped my night off. The ticket was AUS85.90 but I was taken by a friend for free. I would have paid for a ticket as it was mind blowing. The most unforgettable moment was when I caught the drum stick. This was my first concert in over 8years so to be rewarded with that made me wet my pants. I will definatley be going to their next concert in Adelaide. // 9

Comments