UK (Manchester), November 25, 2004 Review

artist: lostprophets date: 08/08/2005 category: live concerts
lostprophets: UK (Manchester), November 25, 2004
Manchester Appolo is a pretty big venue, but Lostprophets sold it out that night.
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
UK (Manchester), November 25, 2004 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 08, 2005

Sound: Manchester Appolo is a pretty big venue, but I'm pretty sure Lostprophets sold it out that night. The most amazing gig I've every been to. Ian Watkins sung perfectly all night using the same vocal range (if not wider) as it is on Start Something. The one thing that got me about that album was that on many of the tracks the bass guitar was too hidden behind the rest of the band and (being a bassist) this kinda annoyed me. In this gig Stuart got turned right up (up to the point that all you could really hear was bass), but Lee Gaze pulled off some amazing guitarage that was still perfectly audable. Amazing sound, probably the loudest gig I've ever been to and definately the best. // 10

Perfomance: I loved this gig, and the people around me looked like they were having a fairly amazing time too. The pits around me were crazy, there was these two massively tall and beefy guys who were making the circle pits by punching people out of the way, and a gang of smaller dudes who made some crazy circle pits over to the right side of the stage. I can't quite remember which songs they did 'cause I was a little busy in the pits, but I definately remember Wake Up, Last Summer, Shinobi Vs. Dragon Ninja and Burn Burn (my favorite Lostprophets' songs). There was no specificly special part to the gig, it was all amazing, but about half way through last summer some guy on the edge of a pit next to me chucked a t-shirt at Ian Watkins which hit him and Ian yelled 'good shot' at the guy which I thought was fairly cool. Also, the girl I went with managed to get one of the guitarist's plectrums at the end of the show. // 10

Overall Impression: The gig was in the Manchester Appolo Theatre, England on the 25th of November 2004 and was the best gig I've ever been to. There were two support bands, 'Head Automatica' and '18 Visions', both of which were fairly cool bands, but by the time 18 visions were finishing I just wanted some Lostprophets. I loved everything about this show, the only bad thing was missing the Last Train back to preston and being stuck in Manchester at midnight. The ticket was 17.50 plus posting but the gig was deffinately worth every penny I payed. The best moment of the gig had to be during Burn Burn, when I got shoved into the middle of a circle pit just before the chorus started, and had about 3 seconds of standing alone in the middle of a Lostprophets gig before I got charged at from all sides when the chorus kicked in. I would definately see them the next time they come to Manchester or leeds. Or anywhere within 50 miles of Preston. // 10

More Lostprophets reviews rating latest review
+ UK (Brixton), July 7, 2006 9.6 07/14/2006