USA (Greenville), October 24, 2009 Review

4.2
 8.3
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Greenville), October 24, 2009 Reviewed by: hiwaychild1, on may 25, 2010

Sound: The singer was okay but it sounded like the speakers just blared his voice out of proportion. Plus, he's not the original singer being as he was killed in the infamous plane crash. Rosington was always up to speed with his killer power on his burst Les Paul. It was a pretty great concert but the positioning of the stage wasn't the best idea, but that was pretty much the only blunder. // 7

Perfomance: I think the audience enjoyed their proformance a lot. Most of them were stoned so bad, though, that they didn't know what they were hearing and the uh.. pictures on the board were a little distracting. They played their new songs: Simple Life, and God and Guns, and the golden classcis like: Tuesday's Gone, Simple Man, Sweet Home Alabama, and of course FREE BIRD. I even got out my phone an waved with it! // 10

Overall Impression: They appeared in south carolina in usa, Greenville at the Bi-Lo Center on Oct 24, 2009. Blackberry Smoke and Rev Theory opened up this show, by the tme they were done everyone was too drunk to care about the rest, haha. I loved he fact that Skynyrd had brought Smoke with them because the fact that their sound was original and southern-rockish. Great choice, guys. The tickets were free for me on account of my hook-ups but it was a great show but I average the seats at 40-60 bucks. definately worth it! I think the coolest thing I saw Rev Theory do was when they sang 'light it up,' the two guitarists did a 360 hair flip in opposite directions on both sides of the stage whenever the lights flared! It was amazing! The guitarist also showed some major skills when he spent 4-5 minutes in a finger-busting solo. I will definately look forward to going to another Rev Theory or Blackberry Smoke gig. They really impressed me and I wish them both luck in the Future. // 8

More Lynyrd Skynyrd reviews rating latest review