USA (Holmdel), September 15, 2007 Review

Perfomance: 5
 6.3
 7.5
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Holmdel), September 15, 2007 Reviewed by: Twist of fate, on september 17, 2007

Sound: So I just saw Lynyrd Skynyrd live and it was just awesome. The vocals were just so clear and smooth echoing throughout the arena. They had the vocals, drums, piano, a bass, and about three guitars. Overall the sound was excellent and surpasses the sound of any other concert I've been to recently. // 5

Perfomance: I have to say that I did enjoy them alot. I can't remember all of the songs but here are most of them: What's Your Name Little Girl, Red White Blue, That Smell, Sweet Home Alabama, Free Bird. What's Your Name Little Girl was very well done. It's the first time I heard the song and I loved it. Red White Blue was pretty cool because they made it as a tribute to the troops in Iraq. That Smell was pretty dry and boring though. When I heard Sweet Home Alabama I just jumped out of my seat, so unexpected. Free Bird was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. They put a gold bird on the piano and had an amazing background video of clouds and birds. I almost cried. The stage was decorated pretty normally. They had a giant screen in the back playing random videos. The lighting was excellent. It was fun chanting "Free Bird" as the words "In memory of 30 years" appeared on the screen. This was the best performance ever in my opinion. // 5

Overall Impression: The location was in the United States. Holmdel New Jersey in the PNC bank and arts arena on September 15th 2007. The openers for the gig were the Blue Oyster Cult. I'm not much of a fan so I found their performance pretty lame. They probably played more songs than skynyrd. I love how the lead vocalist talked to the audience and thanking us how we kept Lynyrd Skynyrd alive and that we're responsible for passing it on to the next generation. I didn't really like the solo to Free Bird Live. It just sounded so scratchy and hard to hear. The ticket for where I sat was $75 and the show was well worth the money. If I had to pay $1000 it'd still be worth the money. The most unforgettable moment for me was when I got to touch the giant beach ball circulating in the crowd. I must say that I am well looking forward to see them again. // 5

More Lynyrd Skynyrd reviews rating latest review