Sound: The sound was awesome, everything mixed well together. Singer skills were good, he was clear and melodic when necessary, and screamed like hell most of the time. They mainly used Jackson Flying V guitars, although Robert used a red plastic BC Rich guitar on few songs. Drummer had a cool pearl drumkit. The effects Robert used sounded cool too, and his solos stood out really well. // 10
Perfomance: Their performance was good too, they were really into it, the crowd loved them screaming machine f--king head together a few times. Robert really got the crowd into it too, they and us were enjoying the show with pleasure. Their setlist:
01. Imperium - started with organ sounds, main riff causes a huge mosh fest, good starter.
02. Seasons Wither - another cool song from their new album, not so good as Imperium, but the crowd was enjoying it.
03. Old - hell yeah huge circle pit with it, best mosh song of the Eve.
04. Bulldozer - another great song, a 2 tonner stood on my toe then, but that happens.
05. Days Turn Blue To Gray - sweet song, Robert stopped the song in the middle to thank us.
06. The Blood, The Sweat, The Tears - yeah, another highlight of the Eve, just an awesome song.
07.Vim - awesome song from their new album, played perfectly.
08. The Burning Red - an soft one then, Robert sang emotional and we loved it.
09. In The Presence Of My Enemies - cool song, heavy song after The Burning Red flowed well together.
10. Take My Scars - another cool song, they played it a bit to fast though.
11. Descend The Shades Of Night - 10 min. long classic with acoustic guitars and great drum and guitar solo. Best song of the evening. Just fantastic.
12. Davidian - yeah, another classic played well.
13. Pantera cover - don't know which one, but it was cool.
14. The Trooper - Iron Maiden cover, the crowd laughed out loud enjoying it.
15. Black Sabbath cover - also don't know which, but it was cool, Robert forgot what to play so there was a huge silince (which was cool, because the laughed and flamed each other).
16. Block - the last one and an old one, form their first album, cool.
Robert finished the show by quoting Led Zeppelin's Stairway To Heaven ("and she died a stairway to heaaaaheaveehen) which was cool. Another cool thing they did was making a death metal song onstage with Robert screaming proost (which is 'cheers' in dutch), that was cool. // 10
Overall Impression: They played on the 14th of november 2004 in 'De Melkweg' in Amsterdam (Holland). Caliban and God Forbid opened for them. Caliban was kind off a mess and the backup vocals were bad as hell. God Forbid was awesome too, great solos and singer with beard screaming as hell. Tickets were 20 euro, which is not too expensive. I loved the show, especially that the crowd and Machine Head were enjoying it very much. I kinda hated the lack of songs like Ten Ton Hammer, American High Or Supercharger, but the songs they played were so cool, I didn't missed those songs. It was a show to never forget, and if they come to Holland again I surely will be there. // 10