USA (Southampton), November 23, 2004 Review

artist: machine head date: 11/25/2004 category: live concerts
machine head: USA (Southampton), November 23, 2004
The audience reaction was phenomenal, most people knew the songs and so they sang along. The performance rocked Machine Head seem to love communicating with their fans.
 Perfomance: 10
 4.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Southampton), November 23, 2004 Reviewed by: nirvanafan11111, on november 25, 2004

Sound: Robb Flynn was good but at some points you couldnt hear HIM. The only instruments I know were played by the band were those used by Flynn himself these included a BC Rich Warlock and a Gibson (I think) Flying V. The overall impression I got of the music was outstanding these guys sure know how to put on a show. The sound of the music was impressive but would of been better if you could hear the singer better. // 8

Perfomance: The audience reaction was phenomenal, most people knew the songs and so they sang along. The set list was too my knowledge: 01. Imperium - absoultely amazing. 02. Old - great good follow up to Imperium. 03. Ten Ton Hammer - this was good he got the crowd to sing along with this one. 04. Bulldozer - this is one of the best versions of this song I have ever heard. 05. The Blood ,the Sweat,the Tears - good but couldn't hear HIM well enough. Can't remember the nxt 2 songs because i was in the toilet deafening silence - very emotional. 06. Take My Scars - good but once again sound buggered up davidian. Amazing but could only hear the chorus. 2 covers of Pantera: Walk - was amazing didnt know the other one. A Sepultura cover this was good but I didn't know the words. Seek And Destroy (Metallica) ruled but I thought it was another song. The performance rocked Machine Head seem to love communicating with their fans. // 10

Overall Impression: Southampton Guildhall, 23rd november 2004. The openers were Caliban (Who did a rip-off if Chimaira's Wall Of Death) and God Forbid (the lead singer signed my tshirt). Caliban were a bit too soft especially for a heavy metal concert but god forbid were amazing their performance made them a new fan. The loves about the show were the bands and the atmosphere. The hates were the fact I almost got crushed by people moving forward and the end. The ticket cost 14.50 plus 1 pound for the place I got it from it was well worth the money. I would go to any of Machine Head's gigs if I could. // 10

More Machine Head reviews rating latest review