Sound: Dave Mustaine has probably one of the most unique voices in metal. That night Mustaine's voice was a little higher than usual that night but it still sounded great. Megadeth always plays quality instruments. Mustaine plays his own signature Dean Guitar which has a great sound when he solos. Glenn Drover also played Dean guitars. The song quality in the Mohegan Sun auditorium is amazing. The bass was especially audible on songs like "Peace Sells" and "Holy Wars." The drum sound was also very crisp. // 10
Perfomance: Audience participation was in high spirits at this show especially for fan favorites like "Symphony of Destruction" and "Hangar 18." Megadeth was truly a crowd pleaser. The band pulled no stops with the song choice playing all of their classics and throwing in a pair of new songs.
01. Sleepwalker - a new song that I had never heard before but it was a great way to open the show and I can see it becoming a permanent part of the band's setlist for this tour.
02. Take No Prisoners - a great lesser known song off of Rust In Peace. I never would have expected them to play this.
03. Wake Up Dead - a great song off of "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?" however it was one of the weaker tracks in the set.
04. Kick The Chair - a song off of Megadeth's last record "The System Has Failed" a solid song.
05. Washington Is Next - another new song, however I and most of the crowd knew this one because it is "United Abominations'" lead off single.
06. Hangar 18 - my favorite Megadeth song and another one off of Rust In Peace. They played all 8 guitar solos on the song in perfect form. This was the highlight of the show for me.
07. Peace Sells - another song off of the band's 2nd album "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?"
08. Tornado Of Souls - probably my second favorite song of the show. Another deep cut off of "Rust In Peace."
09. Symphony Of Destruction - Megadeth's most popular song played to near perfection. Off of the album "Countdown to Extinction".
10. Holy Wars. // 9
Impression: Driving into the Mohegan Sun Casino you can feel overwhelmed by the presence of a huge 50+ story building in basically the middle of nowhere. The Casino is located in Uncasville Connecticut right in the middle of the Mohegan Indian Reservation. In the middle of the Casino there is a mid-sized auditorium that seats 10,000. Megadeth came on at 7:45 on May 15th following right on the heels of a blistering set by Machine Head. Megadeth played all of their biggest hits several deep cuts and only two new songs. Unfortunately the band had a relatively short set so frontman Dave Mustaine wasted no time in talking except for about 30 seconds after the song "Kick The Chair" to tell the audience that "Tonight is a special night that have been waiting for. Tonight our new CD "United Abominations" goes on sale. Well maybe that doesn't mean shit with the internet and all but whatever. Ticket cost was great value for the bill, it was $85.00 for 3-bands: Machine Head, Megadeth, and Black Sabbath with Dio (Heaven Hell is what I think they call themselves now). The worst part of the show was the shortened sets by Megadeth and Machine Head (Machine Head only played for 25 minutes! ) I was very impressed with all the bands on the bill and if any one of these bands were playing another show tommorow I would go see them again. // 8