Colombia (Bogota) March 10, 2010 Review

9.9
 9.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
Colombia (Bogota) March 10, 2010 Reviewed by: andressuarezp, on april 16, 2010

Sound: This show took place at the Simon Bolivar Park, where Metallica had played in 1999 in their first visit to Colombia.The concert started with Ecstasy of Gold and right after the intro finished, the crowd went wild with the first notes to Creeping Death.I was pretty excited to see the band playing with such tremendous enery.James singing was fantastic and the rest of the band played amazingly well too. The sound was really good. The drums (Tama as usual)sounded heavy and the vocals were very clear. Kirks guitar work was amazing.Almost as listening to the studio recordings.He played his ESPs, I think a Gibson Les Paul and a Jackson Flying V.I remember James used a ESP Truckster and an Explorer. // 10

Perfomance: I got to say that everyone was pretty excited to see Metallica perform again in Bogota.I could hear the people singing every single word ( even the Death Magnetic songs).I know the guys in the band could feel the energy from the crowd, as James said a few times "You make us feel good".The set list was as follows: 01. Creeping Death 02. For Whom The Bell Tolls 03. Ride The Lightning 04. Harvester Of Sorrow 05. Fade To Black 06. That Was Just Your Life 07. The End Of The Line 08. Sad But True 09. Broken, Beat and Scarred 10. Cyanide 11. One 12. Master Of Puppets 13. Blackened 14. Nothing Else Matters 15. Enter Sandman 16. Stone Cold Crazy 17. Hit The Lights 18. Seek and Destroy The pyros during Ones intro where great and right before Enter Sandman began, the huge screen on stage showed James pointing at a tattoo on his right hand with the Metallica M, then he showed his pick with the Death Magnetic cover on it and then he turned it around to show the Metallica logo.I thought it was pretty cool and so did the crowd. Another thing I found really funny was a police officer that was a couple of feet away from me really excited singing all the chorus parts with his fist in the air.Everybody had a wonderful time. // 10

Overall Impression: As I mentioned before, the show took place at the Simon Bolivar Park in Bogota, Colombia on March 10, 2010. I think that around 60.000 people attended this show.There were 2 opening acts. The first one was a local band called Deeptrip, which I must say they were horrible. I felt sorry for those guys as the crowd booed them off stage.Mastodon, the second band was pretty awesome.Great enery a cool riffs.I loved everyting from this concert.The way the band sounded so good live and to see them in such a great shape proves Metallica has plenty of steam left for the years to come.It was worth every $Peso I payed for my ticket.I hope that Bogota doesn't have to wait another 11 years to see Metallia perform here again. At the end of the show Lars said that Metallica would see us again very soon.I hope so! Can't wait! // 10

More Metallica reviews rating latest review
+ Belgium (Antwerp), March 5, 2009 8.5 01/14/2013