Estonia (Tallin), April 18, 2010 Review

artist: metallica date: 04/22/2010 category: live concerts
metallica: Estonia (Tallin), April 18, 2010
The Audience went wild when Metallica got on stage every one had a good time. The best moments for me were the times were they used the pyrotechnics.
 Perfomance: 9
 7.9
 8.7
review (1) 18 comments vote for this concert:
Estonia (Tallin), April 18, 2010 Reviewed by: Black Paranoia, on april 22, 2010

Sound: Singer skill was great, James was really good, instruments he used ranged from hes ESP signature guitars to Gibson Flying V's With EMG Active pickups. Kirk Also used his Signature guitars and a Gibson Les Paul also with EMG Active Pickups, the guitars were sometimes a bit down on volume but that only was in the beginning when they had to dial in the volumes. Rob played a Fender bass most of the time but had some basses that were unknown to me as well, bass was a bit to loud at some times but it was turned down in some point. The arena was a closed one and usually it's acoustics are bad for concerts because the speakers are straight from the stage and if you have side seats or your standing on the side of the stage the sound will go past you but this time because it was a 360 show the sound was better than I expected so all and all a great experience sound wise. // 8

Perfomance: The place was packed the arena fitted only 5000 people but it was sold out in minutes. The song list was: 01. That Was Just your Life(Death Magnetic): the song started playing from the tape and Kirk actually was late on stage so the first minutes of the song came form the tape. 02. The End of The Line(Death Magnetic): not my favorite Metalica song to be honest but still great sound great performance. 03. Harvester of Sorrow(And Justice For All): that was one of the songs I was waiting for, I was waiting for Metallica to come out with their older songs that was a great experience to hear this song live. 04. Ride The Lightning(Ride The Lightning)At first I didn't realize what song it was but my band mate told me it was Ride the Lightning also a great song and a great performance. 05. Fade to Black(Ride The Lightning) Another Freakin Great Metallica Song, the whole arena sang along with this song. 06. Broken, Beat And Scarred(Death Magnetic): so this is actually one of the songs from Death Magnetic I really like they did a good job again what else can I say. 07. Cyanide(Death Magnetic): it seems to be one of the favorite song off the new album for a lot of people because that was another song that most of the arena sang to the most. 08. Sad But True(Metallica): unforgettable intro speech for this song by James "Do you want heavy?!" "Metallica gives you heavy!" 09. The Unforgiven(Metallica): another one of my favorite Metallica songs though the arena was kind of quiet when they played it so it most not be the favorite song of the people. 10. All Nightmare Long(Death Magnetic): another song where headbanging went on nothing else to say. 11. One(And Justice For All): well That was another favorite song of mine I sang along the whole time and in the end alot of headbanging went on. 12. Master Of Puppets(Master Of Puppets): just in time for my voice to get better after all the screaming I did while one of the opening act, the whole arena would raise their fist and yell "Master, Master". 13. Blackened(And Justice For All): another great headbanging song. 14. Nothing Else Matters(Metallica): so there came the most famous Metallica song ever the whole arena stood up and sang along to this song there were a lot of lighters out and on it was great that just gives me the best feeling. 15. Enter Sandman(Metallica): yes another song where the whole arena sang along For the Encore it was: 16. Last Caress (Misfits cover)(Garage Days Revisited): so the speech from James again"this is the part of the set were we will do a cover song, I have something to say I killed your baby today it doesn't matter much to me as long as it's dead!" 17. Whiplash(Kill Em All): "This is a song about your neck hurting". 18. Seek And Destroy(Kill Em All): "This is our last song for tonight but I want you all to sing along so when your friends call you and ask how was the Metallica show you would say it was awesome(James doing a sound of a person who lost his voice)and there are only three simpel words you have to sing, Seek And Destroy!". The Audience went wild when Metallica got on stage every one had a good time. The best moments for me were the times were they used the pyrotechnics it wasn't much just a bunch of huge and hot ass hell gas burners. // 9

Overall Impression: Estonia, Tallin, The Saku Arena 18.04.10. The Opening acts were Gojira and Fear Factory they both were great but the best of them from my opinion was Fear Factory. I loved the stage lay out for the show because I like to be right in the first row and usually there are alot of people pushing against you and shit but this time because the stage was big and open on every side it wasn't so bad and the person who was against my back was a hot girl so that's staying with me. The thing I didn't like was when some people who showed up later tried to push them selves to the front that's when it went a little out of hand but yeah most unforgettable moment was when Turing the last song a bunch of Metallica beach balls were let out that was kinda cool people throwing em around and stuff and I remember one of the balls landing right on Lars's drum set so he had to play with one hand to get it out there but also Rob was kicking those things around like soccer balls it was crazy. The tickets this time were pretty expensive like 995 Estonian Krones wich is around 100 bucks or so usually the tickets range from 450 to 600 Estonian Krones so alot cheaper but it was sure worth the money. When I have a chance to see Metallica again il go for sure they are one of my all time favorite bands and it has been from since I was around 11 maybe so yeah il go again some day. // 9

More Metallica reviews rating latest review
+ Belgium (Antwerp), March 5, 2009 8.5 01/14/2013