South Africa (Pretoria), March 18, 2006 Review

artist: metallica date: 04/06/2006 category: live concerts
metallica: South Africa (Pretoria), March 18, 2006
Everyone of 40,000 people loved it. They played thier classic songs. They also played brillant images on the screen during songs that fitted in perfectly.
 Perfomance: 7
 7.8
 8.5
review (1) 5 comments vote for this concert:
South Africa (Pretoria), March 18, 2006 Reviewed by: Cheese1989, on april 06, 2006

Sound: First Metallica concert I've ever had a chance to watch and can I say, it was mind bowing. We had a couple of hundred people standing outside the stadium the night before listening to Metallica do their soundcheck. Brilliant sound! After waiting for Metallica for 12 hours mostly in the sun, with no water, no bathrooms no food and no place to sit my tiered ass down, I can still say I wasn't disappointed. When the band played the sound could literally kick you off your feet! // 7

Perfomance: Everyone loved it. All 40,000 people. They played thier classic songs, some I didn't kow but I could sing to most of them. They started off with a scene from The Good, The Bad And The Ugly wich relly hipped the fans up 'cause we just couldnt wait for them to come out. They also played brillant images on the screen during songs that fitted in perfectly. My favorite moments: they played St. Anger and there wasn't one fan that had a voice box left after that song; James looked me in the eyes. Best moment of a young Argentinians life; I got to see Metallica! You don't get to see stuf like that down here in SA. Downside: badly orgenised! Not enough toilets or even food or drink. They didn't let us bring any in and then we couldn't get any inside and we couldnt go back outside either. 12 hours! // 7

Overall Impression: SuperSport Park in Centurion (Pretoria), South Africa, 18 Mach 2006. I went there to see Metallica but don't get me wrong, the other bands were great. Show started off with SA bands with simple plan following. Then came The Rasmus who put on an amazing show and Seether who I enjoyed most out of the whole concert! They played super reved-up heavy. Collective Soul was a bit disappointing because they played in between th 2 big band and the Parlotones ended after Metallica. The show was worth the R400,00. // 7

More Metallica reviews rating latest review
+ Belgium (Antwerp), March 5, 2009 8.5 01/14/2013