USA (Salt Lake City), March 12, 2011 Review

morning teleportation: USA (Salt Lake City), March 12, 2011
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) pictures (5) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Salt Lake City), March 12, 2011 Reviewed by: 801Current, on june 14, 2011

Sound: The singer was good, he was also the lead and rhythm guitarist. A lot of responsibility, but he pulled it off great. If you listen to Morning Teleportation's album you get a feeling that they won't be able to pull that sound off live. The sound was great, loud, but mixed very well. Instruments: Guitar, Bass Guitar, Keyboards, Drums/Percussion, Saxophone. Keyboardist switched to sax to cover a missing fifth member who, after that performance, seems totally unnecessary. // 10

Perfomance: It was a small crowd at a small venue, but everyone enjoyed the music. It was really great; they had two opening acts who were pretty good as well. Everyone was jumping around and dancing, no one wasn't having a good time. Although this is my favorite band, by the time I went and saw them their album had only been out a few days. Hadn't had time to listen to every song enough to know the names of them as they played them. 01. "Boom Puma" - Great opener (can't remember if it was) everyone sang a long at the chorus. 02. "Expanding Anyway" - towards the end if not the closer, but everyone was singing to this. 03. "Crystalline" - everyone tried to sing along to this, but it's a bit of a tongue twister in the chorus, beautiful song. 04. "Wholehearted Drifting Sense Of Intertia" - This song got us moving like crazy. 05. "Snow Frog Vs. Motor Cobra" - This one is the first song I heard by MT, great song, very interesting. 06. "Just A Figment" - I love the guitar part for this. 07. "Cold Weather Sunshine" - This song is one of my favorite, really cool change of pace. It's like an intermission in the album, right now I can't remember if they did play this, but excellent all the same. 08. "Eyes The Same" - Everyone loved this. 09. "Daydream Electric Storm" - This one was great, it was right on, and beautiful. 10. "Foreign Planes" - Crazy song, man. 11. "Guitar Disco" - Supposed to be on a banjo... Guitar worked too. 12. "Treble Chair" - This song just makes you happy, and dance. Best part was in the end when Tiger came down into the crowd for the last part of the song. // 10

Overall Impression: US, Salt Lake City, Kilby Court, can't remember date, but right after album release. Max Paine And The Groovies and The S________:( both good local bands, but I'm drawing a blank on the second's name. I loved that everyone was dancing and it was fun, I hated the drunk chick running around. Tickets were 8 dollars, and I would pay three times that to see them again. Just when they started playing, it didn't stop until they were done and I was in the front it was great. I was looking forward to their next gig for months, but got held back because they ended up playing a 21+ bar and I am sadly under that age. So, yes I will go to their next gig that I can get into. // 10

Comments