USA (Norfolk), April 19, 2005 Review

artist: mudvayne date: 07/04/2005 category: live concerts
mudvayne: USA (Norfolk), April 19, 2005
The audiance was totally diggin them. After Bloodsimple and Life Of Agony were done with their performance and Mudvayne came out, the whole entire floor, (it was general admission) was one huge mosh pit.
 Perfomance: 10
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Norfolk), April 19, 2005 Reviewed by: Mudvayne_4_Life, on july 04, 2005

Sound: This concert was the best concert that I have ever seen! Ryan Martinie, the bass player played a Warwick Thumb 5 the whole intire time. And yes, he is back to playing a five string. The guitar player no longer uses Gibson guitars. Now he uses Ibanez, which is what he used at my concert. They were all amazing and and did a great job. The singer really had everything down. There was only one thing that I could say bad about them. The idiots that were doing sound needed to turn up the singers vocal mic. At moments you couldn't even hear him. And the thing that was really stupid about it is that when the guitar player would do his backup singing, you could hear him perfectley. // 8

Perfomance: The audiance was totally diggin them. After Bloodsimple and Life Of Agony were done with their performance and Mudvayne came out, the whole intire floor, (it was general admission) was one huge mosh pit. I rarely ever stopped yelling and screaming. I sung just about every song. As a matter of fact, the whole entire place never stopped singing along with them. That was part of the reason why you couldn't hear the singer very well. I was jumping up and down just about the whole entire time. The lights and effects were awesome. They looked better than the ones on the first Mudvayne DVD and when they were on Uranium. They came out playing "I'm On The Road Again." That was pretty weird. And while they had that playing, that was when the floor was turned into one huge mosh pit. The first song that Mudvayne started playing was "Determined." I jumped up and down the whole time but was really listening at the same time because that was the first time that I heard it. Then they did "Silenced." It was such an intense song and it was great to do right after "Determined." This is where I don't remember the order anymore. But anyways, they also did "-1." The crowd didn't get as intense, which is because it's a softer song. They also did "Death Blooms." I loved it when they did that song. Chad sung that song really well. What I was really glad to hear was when they started "Nothing To Gein." Me and my dad were lovin' it when they did that song. One song that I was really suprised to hear was "Trapped In the Wake of a Dream." They did "Mercy, Severity," which I was so hopeing that they would play. And when they did "World So Cold" everybody was singing and everybody knew the whole song. And of course, they played "Happy?." I sung that whole song and got totally into it. And I was glad when they played "Fall Into Sleep" because that's one of my favorite songs off of their new album. I do remember the last two songs though. They did "Not Falling" and then "Dig" to wrap it up. I pratically missed "Not Falling" though because they put x's on your hands if your under 21. And what happened was my dad bought a cup of vodka and they put the alcohol in the clear cups. And then after he drunk that he let the ice melt down, drunk that, and then let me and my friend have the ice because we were almost out of money. The security thought that my dad gave us alcohol and were going to kick us out but we told them that it was ice and they let us back in. That happened while they were playing "Not Falling" and I missed most of it. But then they did "Dig" and it was over. I did a few others off of their new album to but I can't remember which ones. // 10

Overall Impression: This concert happened in America. It was in a town called Norfolk in Verginia. We drove there for 7 hours from North Carolina. They played at the Norva on April 19, 2005. I loved it. Bloodsimple and Life Of Agony opened up and did great also. American Head Charge was suppost to be there but their tour bus broke down. It only cost $25 and it was definately worth the money. It was worth more than that. The place was kinda squished but I didn't really care because I had 3 hot girls in front of me and 1 beside me, so I didn't mind. // 10

More Mudvayne reviews rating latest review
+ USA (Cincinnati), December 8, 2008 3.9 05/13/2009