Australia (Sydney), November 17, 2007 Review

9.9
 9.8
review (1) 3 comments vote for this concert:
Australia (Sydney), November 17, 2007 Reviewed by: Jk3y, on november 19, 2007

Sound: As usual Muse is a complete stunner. The different riffs between songs and the visuals and effects were simply awesome. Things that just made you say wow. As you'd expect from someone as talented as Matt, vocals are spot on or in some cases even better than the recording. The solos just reach for the sky, he is without a doubt the guitar genius of the 21st century. The drummer was just as awesome, spot on with beats you could only dream about. The bass player was just as crazy! seriously, I have never seen a bass player so involved, he head bangs in nearly every song. // 10

Perfomance: The visual effects included 5 screens showing the band up close or visuals showing animation or lyrics that suited the song well. Something I really liked was the guitars. The beautiful Maton guitars. 2 standouts were a guitar where the guitar's pickup would change colour when the note changed and the new century SG I think where the spotlight was reflected on the audience (the finish is a mirror). The night had a slow start (they made us wait ages) with a support band being nothing special but nevertheless we supported them even though no one had bothered to hear what the band was even called. However when Muse came on everyone went crazy. I was disappointed because I was in the seats and it took a while for people not at the front in the standing area to get into it. Some people didn't even look like they wanted to be there! After two songs people started to get into it as some people don't know their earlier music. There was a lot of older songs which I was happy to see like citizens erased, my all time favourite song! The guitar work by Matt is stunning and I'm sorry some people who watched it couldn't realise it's brilliance, the concert was all-ages (I myself am only 13, yeah! how lucky am I) so the people watching it had their different opinions, but most people enjoyed it tremendously. // 10

Overall Impression: All in all it's hard to explain how great the night was but it really was something special, a show like no other, no other gig will ever compare to Muse. Note that I haven't written a draft before posting this so I just wanted to write my POV while it's still fresh. Truly a breathtaking concert! Australia, Sydney Entertainment Centre, 17th November, 2007. // 10

More Muse reviews rating latest review
+ Live at Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, Canada, February 4, 2013 7.1 12/20/2013
+ Live at Stadio Olimpico, Rome, Italy, July 6, 2013 6.5 07/10/2013