Australia (Sydney), September 10, 2004 Review

artist: muse date: 09/13/2004 category: live concerts
muse: Australia (Sydney), September 10, 2004
This night they had the sound perfect in every way. They also had these mad visuals on a projector screen if anyone has been lucky enough to see the glastonbary concert.
 Perfomance: 8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
Australia (Sydney), September 10, 2004 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 13, 2004

Sound: What a bloody brillient night it was! Muse are one of the best entertainers out there at the moment (well so I think.) Chris (bass) ended up playing the gig which was awesome even though he had a broken hand, they had the bass player from the streets as a back up. Matt (singer/guitar/piano) well not much to say about HIM. He's a freak an awesome freak. If that makes sense? I was lucky enough to see them at the metro in Sydney, and it was a great show but the sound wasn't the best, I'm not exactly sure if it was a crappy sound job/sound check or if the metro just isn't a good place to play gigs, I've only been there the one time. I was told at the BDO their sound was even worse, words weren't understood and the guitar was too loud and flooded the rest of the band etc blah de blah blah. This night they had the sound perfect in every way. They also had these mad visuals on a projector screen if anyone has been lucky enough to see the glastonbary concert you'll know what I mean (not really sure how to explain it)lol but it was cool. // 10

Perfomance: Looking back on both concerts, I thought the metro concert was more personal, they spoke alot more and joked around etc, but at this concert they didn't really talk much, Dom (drummer) of all people said more than any of the three and even then it wasn't that much. The set went for about 90 minutes and they started off with Apocolypse Please and the crowd went spastic as you'd expect. But I couldn't help but notice that the crowd didn't really get into the music. There was hardly a moshpitt, nor heaps of singing along like there was with the metro concert. // 8

Overall Impression: Muse live at the Hordern Pavilion Friday September 10th 2004. The back up band was a band called "Neon" now I always feel sorry for back up bands, cause the crowd are never really interested in them unless they are extremely good and this band just wasnt good. The crowd cheered to make them feel good and the cheering wasn't overly cheery. I was able to talk to my mate next to me normally without having to force my voice so he could hear, and the crowd I think were kinda put to sleep by their music, wasn't very rocky nor was it overly interesting. If your a neon fan I'm really sorry just wasn't my sorta music. Muse came on and blew everyone away with their extremely taliented freaky music, and I'll pay to see them everytime they come out, but they didn't really talk to the crowd much but then again that's not a biggy. They then finished the concert off with Stockholm Syndrome and their little trade mark baloons going into the crowd which was pretty cool. $66.40 plus P&H well worth I'd say. // 10

More Muse reviews rating latest review
+ Live at Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, Canada, February 4, 2013 7.1 12/20/2013
+ Live at Stadio Olimpico, Rome, Italy, July 6, 2013 6.5 07/10/2013