UK (London), December 20, 2004 Review

muse: UK (London), December 20, 2004
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
UK (London), December 20, 2004 Reviewed by: Robodude, on may 27, 2005

Sound: Before I attended this concert, my opinion of Muse was average. When I left, I had transformed into one of their biggest fans. If you were not there, I cannot describe the feeling as we rode on the rollercoaster set. The sounds were phenomenal, and they sent the crowd into overdrive on every song, installing emotion into all the fans hearts throughout the stadium. People say that nothing is perfect - they haven't seen Muse // 10

Perfomance: Muse performed an absolutely phenomenal set. Their use of colourful lights and psychadelic backgrounds only further complemented a fantastic performance. The varied song type made the set that much more enjoyable and made for a wonderful evening: 01. Apocalypse Please - really set the standard for the whole show. 02. Hysteria - fired the crowd into overdrive. 03. The Small Print - kept everyone rocking. 04. Microcuts - one of my favs of the set as the stadium began to shake. 05. Citizen Erased - guitar harmonics out of this world. 06. Space Dementia - first note of the piano sent crowds wild. 07. Ruled By Secrecy - put a chilled out atmosphere in the air. 08. Sunburn - early classic, did not disappoint, awesome! 09. New Born - phenomenal piano playing throughout. 10. Butterflies And Hurricanes - perfect, 'nuff said! 11. Muscle Museum - beautiful bassline, cannot fault. 12. Bliss - another fav of mine, total quality. 13. Plug In Baby - electrifying. Best song from any band I've seen. 14. Time Is Running Out - stadium sang its heart out! 15. Blackout - calmed everyone down ready for the finale. 16. Stockholm Syndrome - God-like. I worshipped them. Phenomenal. // 10

Overall Impression: Earls Court, 20th December 2004, UK. A night I will never forget, and I'm sure that all those who went will agree with me. Soulwax and the zutons were good as support, but were totally out classed by a band that have achieved well deserved fame. I gained a ticket at last minute for 45 and entered the venue with a reserved opinion. Now I will race to get tickets when they next play, as I would give anything to re-live that experience. I pray that they bring out a dvd of that night and then at least you can get a taste of Muse's magic on that one heartfelt night. Nothing is perfect - rubbish. // 10

More Muse reviews rating latest review
+ Live at Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, Canada, February 4, 2013 7.1 12/20/2013
+ Live at Stadio Olimpico, Rome, Italy, July 6, 2013 6.5 07/10/2013