USA (Chicago), July 27, 2006 Review

artist: muse date: 08/01/2006 category: live concerts
muse: USA (Chicago), July 27, 2006
They sounded almost like you had the CD on full blast. They played every song flawlessly and that would included only holding the drum so the crowd could sing along.
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) 6 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Chicago), July 27, 2006 Reviewed by: Captian Xero, on august 01, 2006

Sound: So, went to see Muse for the first time. I was utterly blown away. They had a lot of pre-recorded material, which I didn't mind at all. Aside from that, they sounded almost like you had the CD on full blast. They played every song flawlessly and that would included only holding the drum so the crowd could sing along. Vocals were pretty much perfect. I do believe they may have made a mistake in one song, but I do not recall which, it was very subtle. // 10

Perfomance: The audience screamed most of the show, they played everything they wanted to hear. I personally wanted to see Citizen Erased and The Small Print. But they made up for that. I couldn't name every song they played because, 2 hours is a lot of songs. It was really cool how the audience knew all of the words on most songs. Some of the standout songs are: Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, Time Is Running Out, Cave, Bliss, as everyone knew the words and could sing along for an amazing effect. A couple of huge mosh pits errupted right behind me. They had a lot of lights and strobes and such as well and screens with occasional videos on them and giant tube like things that were kinda cool, they didn't do much though. // 10

Overall Impression: Muse at the Aragon Ballroom, on July 27 in Chicago IL, USA. Astounding. I think that is the only way I could have descibed what I had seen that night. They had an opening band Who I couldn't understand the name of and we're alright. They didn't exactly give off and energetic vibe, which really took away from their performance. I love the vibe that Muse gave off though, there's was one helluva lot of energy flowing through the walls. It was great. As for cost to walk in? It was a pretty cheap cost really, but worth 5 times the money. The whole show was unforgettable, except for the things that I can't exactly remember perfectly. I personally would kill to see them again. // 10

More Muse reviews rating latest review
+ Live at Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, Canada, February 4, 2013 7.1 12/20/2013
+ Live at Stadio Olimpico, Rome, Italy, July 6, 2013 6.5 07/10/2013