UK (Birmingham), March 22, 2007 Review

artist: my chemical romance date: 04/11/2007 category: live concerts
my chemical romance: UK (Birmingham), March 22, 2007
The show was nothing out of the ordinary there were some fireworks, some confettee, some flames and an average light show.
 Perfomance: 9.5
 8.5
 8.5
 8.4
reviews (2) 5 comments vote for this concert:
UK (Birmingham), March 22, 2007 Reviewed by: Benjirob, on april 11, 2007

Sound: The band sounded great Live, the warm up band Thursday sounded horrible and I was worried thinking it was due to the acoustics of the arena but when MCR came out, they blew everyone away. It was difficult to hear Gerrard Way, the singer, but this was due to everyone screaming the words of the songs out. The guitars, bass and drums all sounded great and unlike many bands, MCR had done a good sound check making everything clear and great sounding unlike the warm up band which sounded like constant feed back. I also liked the mixing done, on certain parts of songs such as the bridge/interlude of This is how I Disappear, they put the bass up load for the Rage Against the Machine style part which made it sound fantastic. // 8

Perfomance: The audience enjoyed the show, I've never been so defeaned in my life when the song, The End started. They played the entire of The Black Parade album from start to end and while Blood was playing through the PA system, went off stage while they changed costume and changed the stage. They then came back on and played around 7 or 8 songs off of Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge album in the style of that album and resulting tour. I liked the way they did this as many of my favourite songs are off of that album, the stage which also had fire, blimps and covers of grave stones over the amplifiers changed to having the Revenge symbol while they played their last songs. The best songs they played were The End, This is how I Disappear, Mama, I'm not Okay, Helena and Thank you for the Venom. // 10

Overall Impression: The show was played in the UK, at NIA in Birmingham on the 22nd of March, 2007. This was my favourite show I've attended, the quality of the music and stage presence the band had was fantastic. If I had the chance I would definitely see them again and I will do so if they come back to the UK or I somehow manbage to steal tickets for the Download festival. // 9

UK (Birmingham), March 22, 2007 Reviewed by: jmorris3, on march 26, 2007

Sound: Gerad Way may be one of the greatest front men to walk this planet. Emo rock may not be everyone's cup of tea but he really bought it to light in this amazing gig. He sang in tune and rather well while managing to waltz around the stage freely. The music was also of a great nature at almost record quality, the sound was clear and precsise, the only disapiontment was Mikey Way's Fender Jaguar bass which didn't cut it compared to his good old jazz. // 8

Perfomance: The crowd consisting of young and old, from 12 year olds to 50 year olds seemed to enjoy the gig most irrationally. The girls who all seemed too small to even see the stage screamed for Way while the lads indulged in overactive Moshpits with the likes of young and old alike with people collapsing everywhere. The front got rather crushed and the crowd had to move back several times. It seemed however throughly enjoyed by all, dispite high levels of violence from the rockers, emos and chemos. The band had an amazing set playing all of the Black Parade Album and half of Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. Everybody knew the songs, I'm Not Ok got a severe welcome from the moshers as did Ghost Of You as thousands of phones and lighters lit the NIA. The show was nothing out of the ordinary there were some fireworks, some confettee, some flames and an average light show, the only real achievements in this area was the ever changing backdrop and bass drum as well as a few random nursary ryhme like songs and the entrance of Gerad in a Hospital Bed! // 9

Overall Impression: The band packed out the NIA (Birmingham, 22nd March 2007) in the UK, and it was a great sell out. Many expected the opener to be Rise Against but to thier disapointment and mine twas a small band called Thursdays who were constantly tuning up and didn't really get the crowd going. The show had to be renowned for the serious amount of moshing, however I was disapointed by the amount of young people there who dragged down the show. It was value for money at 17.50 but I think a better opening act could have played. Most of the moments were forgetable exept a couple of bruises therefore overall I have rated it low, it was good because I liked the band but it was nothing special compared to the likes of other bands I have seen. // 7

More My Chemical Romance reviews rating latest review