UK (Bournemouth), November 11, 2006 Review

7.8
 9.3
 6.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this concert:
UK (Bournemouth), November 11, 2006 Reviewed by: joannamcbeth, on november 25, 2006

Sound: This was strange. I had heard MCR Live on TV loads of times, and too be honest the singers skills weren't all that great, however tonight, it was different. Maybe it was because it was the first day of their UK tour, maybe because it was the first time they had played a show since the release of their new album, but whatever it was, something was different about tonight. Gerard Way's voice filled the whole room, of course it was difficult to hear his skills with thousands and thousands of screaming fans singing along. The overall music was far better than the vocals, with Ray, maybe one of the best guitarists ever, Frank as rhythm guitar, Gerard's brother Mikey on bass an Bob on drums. The play list was brilliant. The best from each their albums, including "Our Lady Of Sorrows" from I bought you my bullets, you bought me your love, which I was not expecting. // 8

Perfomance: To say that the audience didn't enjoy the performance would be a lie. The fans were going crazy. So many people were being dragged out of the front (to which Gerard thanked the people for helping during the show) some people were moshing, but most were jumping up and down, screaming along to the songs, with their hands in the air. There was no way you would be able to find a fan bored. 01. The End - this was the first of the songs. the curtains were still down when it began. we couldn't see the band, but we could hear them, and as soon as the song exploded ("I'll encourage you'll smiles, I'll expect you won't cry!" The curtains dropped, revealing the band. Everyone was screaming while the guitar solos were adding to the song the beautiful edge. 02. Dead - another from the new album, and one of my personal favourites. Everyone singing along to the "lalalalalalala" part. As this was an amazing performance, I forgot the order of the songs. I am sorry, but I remember the songs they did, but they are in no order. 03. Thank You For The Venom - one of my favourites from old album. Couldn't here much, due to screaming coming from behind me. 04. Our Lady Of Sorrows - when this song came on I was so happy and excited, because I didn't think they would do one from their first album. I was especially happy because it is also one of my favourites. one thing I noticed was that not many people knew the words. This got me quite annoyed because that meant some of the "fans" here have never listened to any of their old stuff, which in my opinion is brilliant. 05. Give 'em Hell Kid - Gerard Way began singing this song just after he instructed us to not let anyone take control of us, and to keep on living etc. which led to the crowd cheering with appreciation. This is a brilliant song live. 06. House Of Wolves - before I came to this concert I was fairly certain this would be a Live favourite, which it was. People jumping up and down. Gerard doing strange dance moves, fans singing along. It is the perfect Live song, and perhaps the best song of the night live. 07. I'm Not Okay (I Promise) - when this came on, everyone just started going insane. It is the song that made them, of course, and one of the best "jump around" songs from the album. During this song I couldn't here Gerard's voice at all. All I could here was the fans singing along. 08. How I Disappear - off of their new album. completely amazing, like I thought it would be. 09. Mama - again, one of my favs from their new album. instead of Liza Minnelli singing her parts, gerard sung it, which we probably all expected anyway. That is one of my favourites, and luckily Gerard did not butcher it on stage, he probably made it even better. 10. Cemetery Drive - from old album. Wasn't expecting this song because it was from their old album. I had heard this Live before, and it was so much better tonight. I didn't know what it was that made it sound better. Maybe it was the things mentioned in "sound," or maybe it was the fact that I was there. But whatever it was, it was amazing. 11. Famous Last Words - the band started to play this, but then my friend tugged on me to leave. we made an agreement before we went in that we would leave a few songs before the end, so we could get out and try and get to the back door to see them come out, but at that point I did not want to leave. She dragged me out of there, while I kept telling her to go back in (we then later ran round the back, to meet them while they were coming out afterwards) we missed cancer, helena and you know what they do to guys like us in prison. Which are my other favourites, but I suppose it was okay, as we got to meet them. // 10

Overall Impression: The show was in Bournemouth, in England. It was in the Bournemouth international centre on Saturday the 11th November 2006. The support band was a band called "Cry For Silence" they were hard, mostly screaming. We didn't really appreciate them because we were waiting for them to get off the stage, so My Chemical Romance could come on. What I loved about the show was the pure amazement of it. They were my favourite band. they were playing my favourite songs. They were my favourite people. And I was there! What I didn't like about the show was the wait (started at 8pm and we got there at 12pm- not that sad considering people slept over, and there was about 100 people in front of us in the queue), another bad thing was the craziness of it. At first, we were right at the front, but had to leave even before the support band came on. There was just 2 much pushing and shoving. We could hardly breathe. The unforgettable moment of the show was when we met them afterwards, and got hugs, signatures and pics etc, also when gerard talked to the crowd on stage and made us laugh by talking in his really bad attempt of an English accent. And of course I will go to their next gig! I am trying to get tickets right now! // 10

More My Chemical Romance reviews rating latest review