USA (Birmingam), October 11, 2006 Review

8.4
 8.3
 8.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
USA (Birmingam), October 11, 2006 Reviewed by: thesmartguy50, on january 28, 2008

Sound: Gerard Way was amazing. He cussed a lot during his show, so those who are easily offended may want to stay away, but he was a great showman the entire night. The instruments were usually just two guitars, a bassist, and a drummer, but I think they also had a synthman to help with the orchestra parts. The sound was a bit loud and fuzzy for the small Brown Auditorium, but it still sounded great! // 8

Perfomance: I loved MCR the entire night. They played basically every song on their CD, "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge," including "Thank Your for the Venom," "Ghost of You," "I'm Not Okay," and basically every other one. "Thank You" was played amazingly, with a nice improvised solo by the lead guitarist. "Ghost of You" was alright; Way kind of got a little off-key, it sounded like, but it worked. "I'm Not Okay" was just as fun to watch as it was to listen to! The visual effects were slightly lacking; other than a huge "MCR" backdrop behind the drummer, there was little decoration. Light effects were kept to a minimum, as well. Another problem was all the random pot; I got high, and I didn't even bring any product. // 8

Overall Impression: This show was held in Birmingham, Alabama in the United States of America, in the Brown Auditorium, on October 11th, 2006. The gig was opened by none other than Alkaline Trio and another band before them. I forget the name, but it wasn't that great, anyway. The thing I loved the most about the show was hoe Way really got the mosh going! It was a true swarm of MCR fans, and we could all connect through his seemingly effortless music. The tickets were only $25 through TicketMaster, as well, so it was a bargain! My most unforgettable moment was when a hater near the stage told Way that he sucked or something, and Way told him, "F--k you, man. I'm on stage, and guess who isn't?" Hilarious. If I get a chance, I will definitely see MCR live again. It was so worth it! // 9

More My Chemical Romance reviews rating latest review