USA (Tampa), April 19, 2007 Review

9.7
 9.6
review (1) 3 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Tampa), April 19, 2007 Reviewed by: LoveMCR, on may 10, 2007

Sound: The whole band pretty much nailed the performance, and on the songs, Gerard took all the high notes, even though a couple of notes in 'Welcome To The Black Parade' sounded flat. Overall he was on tune. Frank Iero, rhythym guitarist, used an alpine white Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ray Toro, lead guitarist, used a '86 Les Paul. Mikey Way, bassist, well, I'm not sure what bass he used. // 9

Perfomance: Yeah, the audience seemed to love the performance. I think, in most of the songs, every single person in the audience had their hands up in the air, waving them, or punching the air to the music. They played every song on 'The Black Parade': 01. The End - the lead singer, Gerard, got pulled out on a stretcher, with a blanket over his whole body. The rest of the band was behind a curtain. He started singing, and he had a white hospital gown over his Black Parade uniform. When the song got into full-gear, the curtain opened and the whole band kicked in. 02. Dead! - the sequal to The End, Dead! is a very bittersweet song. It is very depressing, yet it gives you hope. The end of it is a bit different, with 'La la la la la' sung. It has a really heavy beat, and is easy to like. 03. this Is How I Dissapear - I am not very farmilliar with this song, but to the best of my knowledge, the boys nailed this one. 04. The Sharpest Lives - this song is a lot different than the rest of the album, but it was awseome. 05. WTTBP - Gerard took the high notes at the chorus, it was right on. 06. I Don't Love You - this song really gets to you. 07. House Of Wolves - personally, one of my more favourite songs on the album. It is intantly likeable and they totally nailed this one. 08. Cancer - this song is really depressing and Gerard sang it with such emotion. Just about everyone in the arena had their cell phones out in the air. I know I almost cried. 09. Mama - this is the song with Liza Menilli on it. It is a very weird song. But oh so awseome. 10. Sleep - they had so much energy in this song. It was amazing. 11. Teenagers - right before this song, Gee was talking about how violence isn't the answer, because this song is about teenage violence, and in reference to the Virginia Tech shootings (may they all R.I.P.). 12. Disenchanted - the intro to this song was played with an acoustic guitar, and it was beautiful. 13. Famous Last Words - this song had fire. It wasn't the first song to have fire on it, but in 6 different places around the stage, there were flames just roaring up. I could feel the heat, and Bob, drummer, was like 10 feet away from the flames, drumming away. After FLW they changed into 'Sweet Revenve' type outfits and came back to play the songs from that album. I don't remember exactly which songs were played, or in what order, but I will try my best. 14. You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison - this song is about gay prison rape. The boys did an amazing job with this song. 15. I'm Not Okay (I Promise) - the guitar, drums, and bass, on this song were just outstanding. It was all out, so much energy. The vocals, however, could have been better. I think Gerard was exausted. 16. Helena - this song was not as good as I think they could have done, because Gerard was out of breath and tired, he was taking breaths in places he shouldn't have and did not so such a good job vocally, I think. Those are all the songs I can remember were played. During many songs that they played, there was fire emitting from places on the stage, like I said. There was also a wall of sparks in a later song. The scene decoration for the first half (The Black Parade) was, almost a haunted house looking thing. For the Revenge theme, they had the Revenge backdrop. The word 'Revenge' in the middle of a circle of white handguns, but one gun was red. All of the band members, except for the bassist, were out of controll and all over the stage, they were just balls of energy. The bassist, was on his honeymoon and could not make it so the band has/had a crew/tech fill in for him. Gerard likes to dance, and Frank almost never is in one spot on the stage. Toro's fro is everwhere too. It's crazy. // 10

Overall Impression: USA. Tampa, Florida. April 19th, 2007. St. Pete. Times Forum. The opener was Muse. I loved pretty much everything about the show. I was sad that the bassist couldnt be there, because he was on his honeymoon, and Gerard didn't really talk much between songs. It was music, guitar Switch, music, fire, new album, music, out. The tickets cost $30 each and it was WELL worth it. I think the most unforgettable part of the show was the fire. During a lot of the songs, there was fire shooting out of, I don't know what, but it was awseome. I will definetly go to their next gig, I already have it planned out. August 11th, they're going to be on the 'Projekt Revolution' Tour. // 10

More My Chemical Romance reviews rating latest review