Canada (Halifax), June 28, 2003 Review

artist: nickelback date: 12/27/2006 category: live concerts
nickelback: Canada (Halifax), June 28, 2003
That was a definite high of the concert. There were lots of great solos and effects crammed in, and ther entire crowd was into it.
 Perfomance: 8.5
 9.3
 8.7
 9.8
reviews (2) user comments vote for this concert:
Canada (Halifax), June 28, 2003 Reviewed by: sonixon, on june 18, 2004

Sound: I must say, the sound of this concert was terrific and ear-blowing, even for being outdoors. The first openers were "The Trews", Who's set we walked in halfway through. They weren't very well-known back then, so I didn't really pay much attention. The sound was sort of lagging though. Next up was a local band called "Crush", Who was better than I'd expected. Their sound was decent. The next band was Three Days Grace. Although I didn't really enjoy these guys much, except for that one song everyone's heard, I found their sound to be pretty good. The next bands out were Finger Eleven and Default. Finger Eleven's sound was mediocre, but Defaults was terrific. We didn't go down to the pit until Default came on, and it was thrilling. And after that was Nickelback, Who's sound was loud and fan-friggin'-tastic. // 8

Perfomance: Nickelback opened with the first song on the Silver Side Up album called "Woke Up This Morning". I wasn't really a Nickelback fan at the time, but I was blown back by the sound and performance of this opening song. They continued by playing pretty much all of their songs from Silver Side Up, in order, except for the odd old one in between, and the newer one "Figured You Out". Apparently we were the first crowd to hear it. The sound was great for every song, although a lot of them sounded similar to each other. There were lots of great solos and effects crammed in, and ther entire crowd was into it. After they went off, the came back for an acoustic encore of "Hero", then they played the first verse and chorus to "How You Remind Me", then switched back to the full band with their electrics and brought the house down. My favourite song of the set though was "Leader of Men", because that was always the one Nickelback song that I enjoyed. // 8

Overall Impression: The show was in Halifax, NS, Canada, on Citadel Hill, for the "Concert on the Hill" festival type thing, on June 28th, 2003. The ticket was $30.00, and was definitly worth the money. All of the openers were exceptional, you could say, but a bit bland at times. The guitarist for default did a wicked solo that lasted about 15 minutes, most of which was on his back with his eyes closed. That was a definite high of the concert. Also, Chad Kroeger of Nickelback is a much better guitarist than I thought. He did one solo connecting two songs that strayed beyong my previous mental limit of hand movement. It was a blur. I definitly will go to their next gig, if I have the money at the time. // 10

Canada (Halifax), June 28, 2003 Reviewed by: guitarist13579, on december 27, 2006

Sound: This is the best concert ever which was in Canada. It started with Woke Up This Morning and ended with How You Remind Me. It was the best concert and was released on DVD last year. It's so cool get the DVD it has the coolest special features. Sounded as clear as could be. Chad sounds great in it. They used guitars, synthesizers, and drums. Get the DVD for a dollar extra and get Silver Side Up with it! // 10

Perfomance: The entire audience screamed for them! Everyone was crowd surfing and I did too. Woke Up This Morning, the jump Mike did was pretty funny. One Last Run the effects and fire was incredible. Breathe, they ran around the stage. I don't remember all of the songs, but it ended with two titles. A song never released on any CD. How You Remind Me audience version. How You Remind Me accoustic version and How You Remind Me the full version. // 9

Overall Impression: Canada, Ebbington (or something like that), July something. Nickelback all the way. The did feature a metal guy but I couldn't understand who it was. I loved the entire show! $45.00 where I was. The show was definitely worth the money. The most unforgettable moment was Chad riding into the stage with his motorcycle. Probably it is gonna cost a lot. Like $123.00 I know. // 7

More Nickelback reviews rating latest review
+ Scotland (Glasgow), May 23, 2009 7.1 05/27/2009