UK (London), Sep 19, 2008 Review

9.9
 9.7
review (1) 5 comments vote for this concert:
UK (London), Sep 19, 2008 Reviewed by: jalpro, on september 22, 2008

Sound: Now I've heard that some bands aren't any good live, but Nickelback were absolutely awesome! The bass goes straight through your body and the sound leaves a ringing in your ears for hours afterwards. Chad Kroeger on vocals was really good, he had two microphones, one that had effects (echo, etc.) and one that was normal, and both were really clear and sounded great. The instruments all sounded great too. I only have one criticism with the sound: this was that the solos could not be heard very well over the other guitars and the drummer, but we all knew the tune in our head so no one really cared. Other than that, the sound quality itself was superb and it was very enjoyable to listen and to sing along to! // 9

Perfomance: Before Nickelback appears, a pulse was played getting increasingly faster. It really got the crowd hyped and they came on with Animal. Woo! I had so much fun joining in with everyone dancing and thrusting our fists into the air. As far as I can remember, they played Animal, Photograph, Savin' Me, Far Away, Side Of A Bullet, If Everyone Cared, How You Remind Me, Someday, Money Bought, about 3 from their previous albums that I didn't know and then Rockstar for an Encore and a few more after that. Animal was a really good choice of song to open with as it got the audience going. Kroeger told us the story about Side Of A Bullet and a short movie was played on the large-screens. Many of the songs had videos relating to the lyrics up on the large-screens and during Savin' Me they played their creepy music video. Well we all knew Rockstar was gonna be the Encore but it was still awesome. Oh my god, the lighting, pyro and smoke effects were absolutely incredible (extremely bad for epileptics)! You could really feel the heat from the pyro and at one point Kroeger was mucking around 'controlling' when the pyro ignited. Kroeger is a funny guy and he was always making the audience laugh between songs. We will never forget when Timmy came on the stage and Kroeger got the whole audience shouting "Timmmeeeeeeeyyyyy" after him, haha. Cannons were used to fire out merchandise into the crowd and the members of the band were also throwing plastic cups of beer out into the crowd! // 10

Overall Impression: The venue was at the O2 arena in London, UK and was held on the 19th September 2008. The support band were called Staind and had a similar sound to Nickelback. I thought they weren't bad but they weren't good either. We were waiting for them to leave!! I loved every aspect of this show and I had so much fun, it was definitely worth the 40! Well their next gig is on Sunday so I don't think I'll be going to that >. // 10

More Nickelback reviews rating latest review
+ Scotland (Glasgow), May 23, 2009 7.1 05/27/2009