USA (Worcester), March 3, 2006 Review

8.7
 7.3
review (1) 6 comments vote for this concert:
USA (Worcester), March 3, 2006 Reviewed by: chilipepper24, on march 27, 2006

Sound: The sound was pretty good. It was a pretty loud show, and I could hear everyone well. I was in the pit so I couldn't see everything that was going on, but I believe all the guitarists used the same guitars throughout the show. However, Fat Mike was pretty wasted throughout the whole show, so they weren't always together, and the vocals weren't amazing. He wasn't hitting all of his notes. // 7

Perfomance: The audience loved them for the most part, although between songs Fat Mike would begin to talk and sometimes ramble on for a few minutes before they played. He cracked a lot of funny jokes, though. They began the show with The Decline, which was amazing and one of the best parts. They played a bunch of stuff from their new EP, which sounded pretty good, and they played some good classics such as She's Nubs, Franco Unamerican, Bottles To The Ground, Dinosaurs Will Die, The Brews, Bob, Murder The Government, Stickin' In My Eye, Whoops I OD'd, Perfect Government and Leaving Jesusland. I thought their song choices were good, they just weren't performed very well. There were some cute moments, such as when Eric Melvin borrowed a black bra from an audience member and wore it for the rest of the show, and when someone pantsed fat mike. Fat Mike also fell flat on his face at one point. The lights and effects were really simple, and they had one tiny banner as a backdrop. // 8

Overall Impression: This show was at The Palladium in Worcester, MA, on Friday, March 3rd, 2006. The opening bands were The Lawrence Arms, who were really good, and The Loved Ones, who were pretty good. I loved the atmosphere of the show, everyone was having a good time and the people were really cool. I was kind of mad at fat mike for getting so messed up and playing badly, but later on he issued an apology, which made me feel a little better. The tickets were $20, and I think it was worth it to see NOFX, even if they didn't play their best. I would have been more annoyed if they had been like, $50. If they're touring again anytime soon, I will probably go again, and see if I have better luck next time, apparently this show was the worst one on the tour as far as Fat Mike's sobriety. Don't let this review put you off of going to see NOFX, they're an amazing band, they just had a bad night. // 7

Comments