USA (Charlotte), November 2, 2005 Review

artist: norma jean date: 01/27/2006 category: live concerts
norma jean: USA (Charlotte), November 2, 2005
The audience went completely nuts when they saw Norma Jean onstage, everyone frantically tried to get to the front of the stage.
 Perfomance: 7
 8.4
 6.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
USA (Charlotte), November 2, 2005 Reviewed by: xxTNCxx, on january 27, 2006

Sound: Cory Brandon's vocal talent is by far (in my opinion) better than the former lead singer, he has such a wide variety of vocal talent, he can scream, he can get those low-pitched growls, and his singing ability isn't all that bad either. I don't really remember what instruments that Norma Jean used, but the overall impression of the sound and music was out of this world, I am a die-hard Norma Jean fan and everyone at the show would all agree that they put on a show to remember. // 6

Perfomance: The audience went completely nuts when they saw Norma Jean onstage, everyone frantically tried to get to the front of the stage, I personally had to fight my way through dozens of fans just to get to the front, but it was well worth it, Cory did the signature Norma Jean thing and handed the mic to the crowd during several of their songs, I got to sing part of "Pretty Soon, I Don't Know What, But Something's Going To Happen," and that was pretty awesome. I don't know exactly what songs they did play, but the songs I know they played at the Charlotte North Carolina show were: Memphis Will Be Laid To Waste, Pretty Soon, I Don't Know What, But Something's Going To Happen, Absentimental: Street Clam, Bayonetwork: Vultures In Vivid Color, and Liarsenic. Norma Jean has crazy visual effects going on all throughtout the show. Some of the effects were: a strobe light, blinking lights of all colors, and a random clip would play on a projector screen, the clips were really random and hard to explain (one of things that you had to have been there to have seen it). // 7

Overall Impression: USA, Charlotte, Tremont Music Hall, November 2, 2005 Norma Jean was actually opening the show for As I Lay Dying, who was headlining the Shadows are Security tour with Madball, A Life Once Lost, and of course Norma Jean. I loved everything about this show, all four bands were just amazing, there were plenty of hot chicks there, loud music, hardcore bands, I don't really think that there's any room for hating this kind of experience, that is, unless you're not really into the hardcore genre or what not. The price of tickets at this show was $17 in advance and $20 at the door, however, if you're under 21, you have to pay a $2 surcharge at the door, but trust me, to see this kick-ass line-up it is well worth the money to see them live! So if you're reading this, and you live near Charlotte, I recommend going to their next awesome show here. // 7

More Norma Jean reviews rating latest review