UK (Milton Keynes), July 9, 2005
unregistered, on july 11, 2005 1 of 1 people found this review helpful
Sound: The sound of the the concert was amazing; guitars, bass, vocals and drums all sounding great. Liam in top form with his singing while Noel and Gem guitars packing a punch with their range of Gibsons, the odd Telecaster and acoustics. Andy stuck wiv his burns bass the hole time I think and Zak's drumming sound gave the music its edge. // 10
Perfomance: The preformance was amazing mixing up new and classics in the set kept the whole crowd happy. The set list (can't remeber exactly but I'll get close as I can):
01. F--kin' In The Bushes - played throught the speakers as the band came on stage great and got the crowd going 9/10.
02. Turn Up The Sun - great opener got everyone in the front pit jumpin including me 9/10.
03. Lyla - good song well played not a fav of my but still good 7/10.
04. Morning Glory - amazing song the ctowd really started goin after they played this song which they also dedicated to the people in the crowd 9/10.
05. Cigarettes And Alcohol - people jumping and pushing in enjoyment as soon as Noel hit the 1st fue notes everyone singin along 1 of the best all night 10/10.
06. Acquiesce - another great song people singing the whole way through Noel's voice in the chorus was brilliant 9/10.
07. The Importance Of Being Idle - well played by the whole band and awesome high pitch singing by Noel to show the crowd exactly why the brung it out as a single 9/10.
08. Little By Little - beautiful song played great another great song by of the night 9/10.
09. Bring It On Down - not a favorite but sounded pretty good live could have picked a better song but still 7/10.
10. Live Forever - dedicated to all the people in London to do with the bombing definitely top 5 of the night 10/10.
11. A Bell Will Ring - great song for live outdoor areas very enjoyable song 8/10.
12. Songbird - lovely song brilliantly sung and played 8/10.
13. Mucky Finger - good song thumping beat all the way through and really cool marmonica solo by Gem 8/10.
14. Wonderwall - pretty good song the whole crowd joined in and it sounded much better on eletric 9/10.
15. Champagne Supernova - another amazing song top 5 song again everybody singin their hearts out and great lighting work 10/10.
16. Rock 'n' Roll Star - brilliant song great use of visual effects perfectly placea and perfect choice of of name for a great rock n roll band top 2 10/10.
17. Guess God Thinks I'm Abel - beautiful song wrote by Liam well played and a good crowd calmer 9/10.
18. The Meaning Of Soul - I actually dislike the song but even this song live sounded almost as good as the rest 7/10.
19. Don't Look Back In Anger - another of Oasis's greats that Noel would'nt have needed 2 sing beacuse the everyone sung the song as loud as they could top 3 of all the songs 10/10.
20. My Generation - a fanominal cover of The Who's song the pit was jumping like crazy possibly the best song all night probably joint 1st with champange supernova or rock n roll star everyone jumping and singing as the show drew to the end 10/10.
And when oasis went off they speakers started to play let it be and everyone loved it it was a great 10/10 preformance from the Gallaghers, Gem, Andy and Zak. // 10
Overall Impression: UK, Milton Keynes, National Bowl, July 9. Had 4 opening acts - Red Walls were brilliant. 22-20s ok not really my thing. Strange Machines terrible and boring as hell. Th Zutons soo godd they could have been the hosts of the show. I loved the Whole show apart frm the fact that they didn't play Supersonic which is a shame. For 32.50 the tickets were more than worth the money. The most unforgetable moment was just watching them walk onto the stage especially Liam with his swagger. If I had the chance I'd go to see them again id take the chance and probably enjoy it just as much or more. // 10
UK (Milton Keynes), July 9, 2005
unregistered, on february 06, 2006 0 of 4 people found this review helpful
Sound: Liam Gallagher was typical Liam with all the attitude in the world but not that good a voice. His was a lot better than Noel's on the track'Importance Of Being Idle' which was appauling. Noel was using a mixture of guitar from a Gibson 335 to a Fender Telecaster. The quality of the soung was not that bad but there was a serious lack of passion from the band. // 4
Perfomance: The audience had a great time as there were so many singalongs but some parts of the audienec, me included were frustrated by the amount of new songs being played and the amount of classic tracks such as Supersonic and Roll with It that were left out of the set list. The best song of the night was by far 'Rock 'N' Roll Star' which was near perfection. In a great contrast Oasis' version of My Generation was a descrace to the original with Liams voice not sited to the song. // 3
Overall Impression: The venue was the National Bowl in Milton Keyens and the venue was a nightmare on the day as there was a 45 minute queue for Bear and too many larey middle aged men getting too drunk. The main support act where the Zutons who put up a good performance playing very light hearted indie singalongs. The ticket was 33 which was far too expensive judging by their performance. After this showing I will not be going to see Oasis again and I am refusing to buy another album if I is anything like their latest one. // 1