USA (Las Vegas), April 19, 2004 Review

artist: offspring date: 05/06/2004 category: live concerts
offspring: USA (Las Vegas), April 19, 2004
They played almost all of their songs from their new album Splinter, and a lot from Smash and Americana albums.
 Perfomance: 10
 8.7
 7.3
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Las Vegas), April 19, 2004 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 06, 2004

Sound: I got to be front row on the rail, and I was 2' away from 7 four foot speakers. The drums made the floor from my feet shake so bad, I think i am about an inch shorter after this show. Everything was so sweet. They used their new drummer Atom Willard (Rocket from the Crypt) and played all their hit songs except one, "Million Miles Away", but thats ok. Noodles did this fancy guitar behind his head thing which was really cool. During "Why Don't You Get A Job" the stage started off pitch black, but then dexter whips around with his acoustic guitar. // 10

Perfomance: They played almost all of their songs on their new album Splinter, and a lot of Smash and Americana, too many songs to remember. None of of the self-titled or Ignition. Noodles used his custom Duct Tape Tallman, and Dexter used his Custom RG570 for most of the show, but the coolest thing was Greg K's bass with light-up dot inlays. I'm told you can see them from the back. I thinbk they had Josh Freese their to do the synthetics and cowbells and junk like that. He threw water into the crowd it was fun. // 10

Overall Impression: This show was in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA April 19, 2004 @ Cox Pavilion. It cost $25, and well worth my money, except Dexter said he had to pay to get in, too! The Start and International Noise Conspiracy opened for them. The Start was really good but International Noise Conspiracy just made a fool of themselves. I would go to their next gig, cept I got my own to go to, so I can't :( // 10

More Offspring reviews rating latest review
+ USA (Los Angeles), June 11, 1994 10 04/11/2006